HL2RP Lua error , gmod broke the fonts

Hi , today i noticed the fonts weren’t working for HL2RP after the update. Is there anyway to fix it at the moment? Because the recent Garry’s mod update broke it. Please help!

Can confirm this issue?

They are not working on severance too. Its on some gaming communities website. Anyway to fix this invisible fonts issue?

Anyway for you to get the font types and post them here.

I am pretty sure its Mailart Rubberstamp . I tried replacing it but i probably didn’t do it properly.

Bump, I added the broken script to my first reply.

In GMod13, Garry removed all the default fonts. You have to create your own now. He probably did this in GMod12 as well.

How can i create my own font? Can you explain me please? Do i download a font , put it in my resources than change their name?

surface.CreateFont

[editline]30th June 2012[/editline]

My bad. Misunderstood. Basically yes… they actually have to exist in order for you to use them.

What i did was i changed maliart to the font i downloaded, i placed the ttt file into my servers resource folder and i still couldn’t see the texts

well obviously you need to have it named to the ones used :dance:

The last parameter in these are the names:

surface.CreateFont("Arial", ScaleToWideScreen(16), 700, true, false, "hl2_ThickArial");
surface.CreateFont("Verdana", ScaleToWideScreen(17), 600, true, false, "hl2_PlayerInfoText");
surface.CreateFont("Mailart Rubberstamp", ScaleToWideScreen(2048), 600, true, false, "hl2_Large3D2D");
surface.CreateFont("Mailart Rubberstamp", ScaleToWideScreen(29), 600, true, false, "hl2_IntroTextSmall");
surface.CreateFont("Mailart Rubberstamp", ScaleToWideScreen(24), 600, true, false, "hl2_IntroTextTiny");
surface.CreateFont("Mailart Rubberstamp", ScaleToWideScreen(34), 600, true, false, "hl2_CinematicText");
surface.CreateFont("Mailart Rubberstamp", ScaleToWideScreen(76), 600, true, false, "hl2_IntroTextBig");
surface.CreateFont("Mailart Rubberstamp", ScaleToWideScreen(18), 600, true, false, "hl2_MainText");
surface.CreateFont("Mailart Rubberstamp", ScaleToWideScreen(22), 600, true, false, "hl2_TargetIDText");
surface.CreateFont("Mailart Rubberstamp", ScaleToWideScreen(124), 600, true, false, "hl2_MenuTextHuge");
surface.CreateFont("Mailart Rubberstamp", ScaleToWideScreen(76), 600, true, false, "hl2_MenuTextBig");

Can I please add you on steam? I tried changing all of them to coolvetica, and error still occured.

No, sorry. I’m about to head off. Plus I don’t have HL2RP, nor do I know any of its workings. I am going off of what I am assuming… For all I know, I am wrong…

I also just noticed I made an error in my last post. Parameter is the “First”.

Look in your garrysmod folder:
\garrysmod\garrysmod\resource\fonts

and just use one of those that you see. I am guessing that’s where you got coolvetica?
If so, then I can’t really help you… That’s the extent of my knowledge with this gamemode.

This is a problem due to the recent gmod update, people on the cloudsixteen forums are trying to find out why it’s stop working, so it’s not only you. No confirmation if it will be fixed by then though, some are saying to just wait for Clockwork to fix it.