Horrible swim animation and sound loop bugs

So I’m sure you’ve all noticed that swimming animations hardly ever activate and when they do and you get out of the water you continue to use the animation on land!!!

It’s such a terrible bug not just visually but also affects game play. If someone is being shot in the head while in the swimming animation no damage is done to them most likely to garry not putting a different hit-box for this type of animation.

Also there’s another terrible bug where if you temporarily loose connection to the server while underwater and you come out the water again the underwater sound loop will continue to play while on land. And it won’t stop when you die either. Only way you can stop it is to type “stopsound” into the console or rejoin the damned server.

I find it amazing how there are no topics on this on Facepunch, only one for the animation bug that provided a nice LUA fix that worked until recently but now no longer

Anyway I’ve been trying to find ways to fix these bugs for days now just wondering if anyone else has found a way.

If the swimming animations “hardly ever activate”, then you should consider playing on a different server.

You can’t fix it.

No I’m not talking about one server I’m talking about the whole of GMOD and there are ways to fix almost anything if you know how. This is the thread I was referring to:

http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1278671

Like I said this used to work amazingly well but since the latest updates it hasn’t but tbh i’m more concerned about the sound loops for client coz if happens with water it probably happens with other similar sound events…

actually maybe this should be put in developer discussion?

I meant YOU cannot fix this, as a client. The animations work perfectly last time I checked ( The go into water part and enable swimming animations part ), so you gotta show us some proof of “hardly ever activating”.

Did you check it from the clients point of view? Because from the host, the clients do indeed perform the animations correctly but from the clients view the host doesn’t.

And are you talking about using this lua fix or regular gmod

I want you to tell me how the animations are “hardly ever activate”.

Quite often when some one enters the water they perform the normal walking/running animation as they go through the water instead of the swimming animation. And without the LUA fix I linked to whenever they finally do switch to swimming anims they never switch back even when back on land. Due to the player being in the wrong animation sequence to what they are supposed to be in, it also makes it so their hitbox isn’t in the right position and well its kinda unfair to other players.

That’s best I can do to explain it, here’s a video of some one showing it:

[quote=“62, post:7, topic:182384”]

Quite often when some one enters the water they perform the normal walking/running animation as they go through the water instead of the swimming animation. And without the LUA fix I linked to whenever they finally do switch to swimming anims they never switch back even when back on land. Due to the player being in the wrong animation sequence to what they are supposed to be in, it also makes it so their hitbox isn’t in the right position and well its kinda unfair to other players.

That’s best I can do to explain it, here’s a video of some one showing it:

[/QUOTE]

I want to see the first part, I am well aware of the second part.

This is a demo of just joining my other PC’s listen server and going into the water to look at the player model. Tested on 4 computers, no addons enabled, reinstalled garrys mod, used as an internet server and lan server, using the LUA fix and not using the fix, and all producing the same results.

I will find one where the swimming animation actually activates on at least one client but it’s kinda rare lol

Ok now this is the sound loop bug, in this video I simply pulled the ethernet cable out for 2 seconds to make it time out while underwater then continued and the sound bug came. This is in a regular dedicated server and it can be replicated by anything that makes you loose connection temporarily such as changing graphics options, losing connection to the server for a moment and most worrying even opening the spawn menu (depending on how fast your pc loads it up.)