House Prison Exploit

First Sorry for my english… I’ll try to explain my problem qucik way i can be…

Maybe you guys know that exploit but i need to talk about my story its very important for the game…

I was a new spawn and try to collect some resources wood stone and some chicken stuff… Then i find(in UK1 server) hide spot, easy find good place to build… Just wooden floor and furnace, workbench, 1 box and no walls or doors i find it… I love it because i just need getter some wood and build wall, wooden door and place is mine right? So I just start a smaller part of my house and build just shelter sized walls have a bed im happy… then i work hard getter stone, metal ore, i work all night because its more secure… I’ve build other parts of my house, in outside wooden doors and inside metal doors… house in hide spot so this metal doors and montain can protect me i was think… I find my friend and we build 2. floor our house, metal bar windows for watch places… We build gun for protect raiders… We going to kill raiders help people give food and stuff to live…

But One day…

I woke up in my house and try to go out but wait… Im open my inner metal door but someone destroy our outer wooden doors and replace metal doors… So i cant open other players door and i dont have any c4 or grenade… My second floors ceiling is open so i can jump in and open my own metal door and get in… so im suicide find my home again (about 1 hour) gatter wood and do wooden stairs place them, i climb up roof and yes i have a new entry on my house… how lucky my friend find a grenade blueprint on the road we can craft grenades and bomb that "soab"s doors and take our house back!! yes this is good quest for us! Ok then we work hard raiding zombies and find stuff try to live, getter more metal… We need 30-50 grenades for blow up the god damned doors…

But one day…

I think same guy do wooden walls on our 2. floor entry and our houses around… We cannot reach any doors or any wall… If we want to take our stuff back we need to blow up all house for now… Thats exploit building!! No ones house safe like this act…

If you have a good and secure house and i cannot reach it in? I can build metal walls around your house and prison you… Or i can destroy your wooden doors and replace metal ones…

Solution:

1. If we are inside we can open any door you place it…

2. If we are inside We can destroy any walls we have…

3. if your walls connected in my house i can destroy them either…

Thanks for reading and sorry for my english…

First off— I’m torn on this aspect of building. I think they will change it eventually to where someone cannot place a building material within a certain range of someone else’s building material. And they cannot place building material flush against someone else’s building material.

Secondly— Do not ever apologize for your english. The fact that you are attempting to speak it is admirable and commendable in itself. Most of us don’t speak a second language and take for granted that the rest of the world attempts to speak english. Your english is actually very good. The more you speak it, the better you will be at it. Don’t stop.

Thanks a lot blu :slight_smile:

This building idea like minecrafts system… That sounds good to me… For now my game is ruin… So i start a new life get explosives and visit my old home again… Hard quest but quest…

I agree partially in what you say and how you feel, cause believe me i have been there myself :stuck_out_tongue:

About people building your way into your house i think is kinda okay, but should have limits - i agree that you should not be able to place walls, stairs or ceilings between someone elses pillars and i also agree with Blucifer about the foundation principal, i think it would work out for the best overall… I do however think that its okay that ppl try to build ramps and stuff around your house and fences in order to try and smartly bypass as much as they can :stuck_out_tongue:

BUT! as you said yourself it posses some good “quests” :stuck_out_tongue: for you and your buddy to go achieve, even thou it might be a bit “over the top” gathering ressources for that many grenades :expressionless:

Hope you guys get it blown to pieces! :smiley: i personally got locked into my own house on my first server and since i didn’t have any good blueprints i just restarted on a new server, it was easier and i also think it turned out to be a better house cause we had experience from the first one we build.

I’m pretty sure all you have to do to prevent someone for building around your base is place foundation all around and a wooden pillar in middle of it, I think that presents ceiling from being placed and walls but hey have to be in middle. Never use wooden doors ever, takes a few hits with a pickaxe. Good luck!

He makes a valid point. The game should introduce some sort of mechanism where you cannot place a door on someone else base while there is a sleeper or active player inside. I also think the cooldown for door placement after being destroyed should be raised to 10 minutes for other players and reduced to 1 minute or 0 for the original door placer(replacing a wooden door with a metal door).

Believe me I know what its like. 355 hours in rust, I’ve had a number of times where a random with c4 would blow up my door and put their own on it. They didn’t raid. They didn’t even look inside I bet, they just felt like trolling.

Ok - i think your learned something. :eng101:

Here some other tips:
Don’t build near the road or in an resource field if you don’t have the res to build a fortress.

Place as much foundation as you can, so nobody can build additional foundation attached to base to build stairs to upper stages. So a good place to build is near a big rock so nobody can build on the backside of your base.

If dont want to use the whole foundation on the first floor, place pillars in the middle of the foundation so nobody can build stairs.

Use spike walls - the are so SPIKY!

Like it. +1

Someone just griefed my house with walls and ceiling round the front door. I don’t mind being raided, I don’t even mind so much being killed as a fresh spawn but griefing sucks. Defo agree with the thoughts on people being unable to build foundations next to someone else’s foundation. In about 200 hours of rust this is actually the first time I’ve been a victim of this. I’d previously only heard about it on the forums. The sooner they bring out that foundation patch the better.

Mhm, I’m fine with fresh spawn killing and raiding. Those are parts of the game. However griefing is annoying and pathetic. All it does is ruin someone’s day. The people who grief don’t even get anything out it.

My home where beach montains deep inside… Far from the road and hide spot… So i know what can i do for safe housing… I learn so much of this contretemps… But dev needs to fix this exploit…

Thank you all guys…