How can I generate a physics hull for an object that has a empty center?

I am trying to get this bed i modeled to have a empty center where the player can sit/sleep in, but it is making a invisible box around the whole bed. Does anyone know how I can accurately make it generate the physics mesh? Normally I just use the base model and everything works fine.

Make a simple physics model for it, don’t use too many parts, then be sure to include $concave in the $collisionmodel section.

You need to make the concave piece into a bunch of convex pieces then put different smoothing groups on the parts, then compile with $concave and -fullcollide.

I am a little bit confused on what you mean. I did put this in my .qc file:

$collisionjoints crib_physics.smd {

$concave
	$mass 1.0
	$inertia 1.00
	$damping 0.00
	$rotdamping 0.00

and I made this collision model in blender. I made it with a bunch of cubes and fused them together.

Yea I know the placement is off but here is how it looks ingame:

I am a idiot i had $collisionjoint and not $collisionmodel.

I was just about to say that, well not call you an idiot but the whole collisionjoint thing. Don’t sweat that, I made that mistake a few times when I was starting out. Now that you’ve got it set to collisionmodel, I’m assuming it works properly?

Yea it is working now. Also thanks for the help. The only thing I am doing right now is trying to get the hull to where it is low enough inside of it.

Make sure the model and collisionmesh are rigged to the same model. To prevent the weird position.