how do i add addons onto garry's mod?

hey guys wondering if anyone can help i want to add more stuff to my garry’s mod. I just want to know once i download an addon like a new weapon or something how do i go about putting it into garry’s mod so i can use it in the game. I have downloaded the combine sniper rifle and it’s in the form of a zip file. How do i add that can anyone help please?

Omg dude go to ur computer then C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\ur username here\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons then put the addon there some stuff that u dl for gmod dont always go there.

okay le me actually exlan it so you can understand!! so you should get winrar or winzip to extract the files to garrysmod/garrysmod folder if tha doesnt work you have to have to go to the addons foler and extract it there (sorry about grammar my computer is randomly freezing a litle bit)

hey thanks dude

Hey in the file i downloaded it had a readme file and the addon file what do i do with the readme file. Can i put the file i downloaded which contains the addon and readme file into the garry’s mod addon folder or do i have to extract using winrar?

Also could you tell me the full title of where to extract to please im not that good with doing this type of stuff on the computer.

The addon file goes into
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\your username\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons

The readme file isn’t needed and will just tell you a bit about the addon.

i got gmod on my desctop :>) so i just right click it and click go to file location and click garrys mod folder and addons.