How do i add bots to gmod?

7th March 2009

bot_flipout 1
Makes them spaz and shoot randomly

Uh. It was posted 1 day ago?

if you want bots attacking you , spawn a metrocop , give him a stunstick , get in a well noded map and hell chase you , end of story.
Also try the NPC control addon

Kinda funny why you can even make bots for gmod when there is npc’s

Sorry bout the bump’
Would there be any way to influence the bots via lua? Seeing as they are just a stupid player, could you not make a script that takes controll of it (see player controler swep), and execute various maneuvers and using the already existing AI Nodes?

wtf
why the hell did you bump this?
USE NPCS!!11!1one!
teh endhs

thnks =)) i try it

I think most people use bots to test player manipulation things like admin panels, instead of having all your friends pile into a server and be labrats.
For example, instead of boring the hell out of a friend testing your new jail command, you can create a bot and jail it.
You may say to this “USE NPCS!!!11one” well you can’t manipulate NPCs as you can players and bots.

This is what scripters use bots for… IDK about the OP.

Why did you bump this? Look at the dates.

m-m-m-m-m-m-mega bump!

Exactly what I did. Both bots, and jail command.

if you want it on your multiplayer server and you use rcon (which you most likely do) type

1. rcon_password “password here”
  2. rcon sv_cheats 1
  3. rcon bot
  4. rcon bot_mimic 0 (or not for if you want them to follow you or what ever)

There is an E2 for that

Woah how do controllers even work? They only have like xy and z so the most I can wire them to do is go wherever I point the mouse.

What happened to bumping? Damn guys, keep it down.

bump… oh shi

(User was banned for this post ("retarded bump" - Orkel))

(User was banned for this post ("extended - post history full of retarded bumps" - Orkel))

This is a very old thread :stuck_out_tongue:

(User was banned for this post ("bumping to complain about a bump - report and ignore" - Orkel))

(User was banned for this post ("extended - post history full of retarded bumps" - Orkel))

(User was banned for this post ("bumping to complain about a bump - report and ignore - fixing reason" - Orkel))

(User was banned for this post ("bumping to complain about a bump - report and ignore - fixing length - i need to stop modding at 6 am" - Orkel))