►How do I convert MDL Files to OBJ? My decompiler is not working

I have the MDL decompiler like all the tutorials suggest. I can’t figure out how to use it, all the tutorials I’ve read suggest the use of a file I extracted with GCF Scape, however I already have the files out of the directory and they sit on my desktop in their materials and models folders just taunting me, I didn’t have to use GCF Scape. I’m confused if this is the only method to convert them over to OBJ. In the Model Decompiler I have no idea what to choose for “Choose Model File” or “Choose Out Directory” I really am confused about this and as you probably might know, I’m pretty pissed off. Do I need Milkshape™ for this?

Thank you.

How the fuck did you get in the screenshot section.

Why would any one else help him?

Screenshots regulars know what they’re doing (you know who I’m talking about).

I need to first figure this out so I can make movies using my other programs.

screenshots or GTFO.

Wrong section.

I’m not able to take pictures of my desktop. I have MDL exporter, I just can’t figure out how to use it.

http://www.facepunch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40
They’ll help you there.

mdl can be converted to smd

Is that what you recommend I convert it to, SMD? I am also trying to figure out if it is better to convert them so 3ds can read them or should I install plugins for 3ds so 3ds can read VTFs and MDIs and all of the other file types that valve uses. Look, can one of you talk to me on steam so I can get this figured out?

mdl => smd => obj.

this route

SMD is for Animation, though. More so for figure models. Can oyu add me on steam, TlSau?