How do I create a background for Garry's Mod?

I forgot, anybody willing to tell me? Excuse me if this is in the wrong section.

Try this.

First you’ll need VTFEdit which you can download here: http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?c=178
When you have that installed, open it and then go to File>Import and select the image you would like to turn into a background for Garry’s Mod. A window will pop up when you do this, don’t change anything, just click OK. All you have to do now is File>Save As. What you need to do is save it with a certain name in Steam\steamapps[username]\garrysmod\garrysmod\materials\console. The name you need to save it as is ‘background01’. You’ll also need to save it again under the name ‘background01_widescreen’ so that you can see the background for either setting your Garry’s Mod is on (in video settings if it’s Standard it will use ‘background01’ and if it’s set to Widescreen it will use ‘background01_widescreen’). You don’t need to worry about losing the original background if you ever want to change back. Just delete the backgrounds and leave the console folder empty then next time you boot up Garry’s Mod Steam will add the original backgrounds for you.

Hope this helps you.

I sincerely hope you’re not going to upload this “background” to garrysmod.org :arghfist::saddowns:

Garrysmod.org has a few backgrounds, if you prefer. You’ll have to search for them, though.