How do I disable the Xbox 360 controls on Garry's mod?

One day I decided that I was going to put the Xbox controls on Garry’s mod and use my controller to do it. But I did not really enjoy them and I really wanted to disable them but I can’t. When I ask others they say that I should just use my keyboard controls and forget about it. But first of all, there is this really annoying orange circle around my crosshair. Not the Half Life 2 one but another one that looks really ugly. But the worst part is that when I use my scroll bar to try to change the weapon instead of showing the weapons so that I can keep scrolling and just click on the one that I want when I use my scroll bar it immediately changes the weapon. It does not give me any chance to decide which gun I want before I choose it whatsoever.

exec undo360controller.cfg

Thanks for answering! :slight_smile: But when I type that in it says ] exec undo360controller.cfg
Unknown command “spawnmenu_icon_precache”

But it did work right?
I’m guessing that would just be an old command that hasn’t been removed from the cfg.

I haven’t checked yet. My mom told me that I had to go to sleep since it was 11 o clock but I’ll check when I get home from school.

It did not work

If you can try to think of any other ways that would be great!

remove the .cfg file

I am not sure what you mean by that, but I’m guessing that means that I should only type in exec undo360controller without the .cfg . But if that is not how you do it would you please tell me how?

no, remove the .cfg file for controls is what I think he meant. Then Steam should redownload it.

How do I do that?

garrysmod/cfg/config.cfg

I don’t really understand, can you please specifically say how I can delete it?

[editline]13th June 2013[/editline]

actually I understand now but do I delete config.cfg?

[editline]13th June 2013[/editline]

I deleted config.cfg but it did not do anything either

Try to disable controller in-game. Options>>mouse>>uncheck “enable controller”

When I go to options and go to mouse all it says is enable gamepad, which I unchecked and when I created a game none of the controls changed, all it did was that I could only use my mouse and my controller did not work.

[editline]14th June 2013[/editline]

Does anyone know if I can delete config_default.cfg? It seems like if the default controls are replaced it might work. Also, will it work if I just reinstall Garry’s mod?

If you have already converted Garry’s Mod to steampipe the path is <Steam root>\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg
if you don’t have it converted yet: <Steam root>\steamapps<yoursteamlogin>\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg

It’s possible to delete it while game is running because it’s called only if you execute command “exec config_default”. BTW it shouldn’t get overwritten by game, host_writeconfig writes current configuration to config.cfg, not config_default.cfg, some cvar’s are saved in Windows Registry.

You may also want to restore Gmod’s default controls. Options>>keyboard>>click set defaults

First of all, I am not really sure what Steampipe is but <Steam root>\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg does work with me. Also, out of all of that information, what do you suggest I do? Sorry if I am a little annoying but I do not know a lot about tech.

Info about SteamPipe: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamPipe
If you want to restore default config either remove config.cfg from <Steam root>\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg or in game console execute command “exec config_default”, after which you have to execute host_writeconfig to make sure that you will get default settings.

Again, thanks for replying, but I still don’t really know what any of that means. Can you please tell a specific step to step guide of how to do all this?

To open console Press “`” in game. If the console doesn’t appear, check “enable console” option, which is located in Garry’s Mod’s Keyboard advanced settings. Type in “Exec config_default” then enter. This will restore default controls and settings. To write current config, in console type in host_writeconfig then press enter.