how do i download stuff onto garry's mod?

Hi, i have bought garry’s mod and i wanted to download stuff from the garry’s mod site, but i dont know where to put the files

Put them in your anus.

Put them in your garrysmod/garrysmod/addons folder.

Put the materials/models/lua or whatever files in your c:/program files/steam/steamapps/yourusername/garrysmod/garrysmod. If you see a Gameinfo.txt, that means it’s an addon. You put those in garrysmod/garrysmod/addons.

ive done what you suggested and i do not see an addons folder

Make one under \steam\steamapps[your username]\garrysmod\garrysmod

First, find the folder with info.txt. Put THAT FOLDER in garrysmod/garrysmod/addons (make it if it doesn’t exist).

If there is no folder with an info.txt, then the addon probably ISN’T worth it anyway - but whatever. Copy paste an info.txt file from some other addon and change the values around. You only really need to change addon_name, but everything else can remain the same IF YOU’RE REALLY LAZY.

are you serious?!

Do you think he is…?

Yeah, if the addons folder doesn’t exist, making it should help.
If there is no info.txt in the folder (like in sg-mod) copy the folders to the main garrysmod folder, or follow instructions given to you on the download page.

You may also find a program called “TortoiseSVN” useful…

To reiterate, downloads that contain an info.txt file go into the addons folder. Ones without it, you drag to the main garrysmod folder (Not the actual folder, drag the contents IE: Materials and models)
A lot of downloads use .rar format. If they use this, you can either use the winzip free trial, or my favorite, the completely free 7zip program.
A lot of the more sophisticated programs require an SVN, but if you’re just downloading from garrymod.org, you won’t need one.

Yes, it’s how computers works these days. Use the USB Cable.

You have to launch the game first for it to make all the local files. Once the game is fully loaded (to the menu screen), you can quit then go to the game directory and install everything.

Put them in your “My documents” folder. It should work, if it doesnt, destroy your computer

i need help, i need a couple of ragdolls made from art work done by my sister. i’ll make sure that the art work will be as clear as posible. if any one is intrested please e-mail at tripprules@yahoo.com.