How do I export models out from Garry's Mod Prop Hunt into 3DS Max

Hello there

I would like to export items, in the generic maps that come with prop hunt and the ones that are Counter Strike maps, anything from barrels to filling cabinets to the hula doll to use in a 3DS Max project. I think you need some sort of exporter but I don’t even know which files stores all the info for the models never mind what exporter to use. How do I even begin to go about this?

Thanks

P.S. I would also like to do the same for the C4 used in Trouble in Terrorist Town, originally from Counter Strike I think. Thanks again.
P.P.S. I hope this is in the correct forum section.

You need to get the models from the appropriate .fgd files for whichever game you want the models from. Then, you have to decompile them using a model decompiler.

For max you need a .smd importer because the model decompiler will give you a .qc and several .smd files.

You then need a model compiler for your .smd files and .qc file.

1. Model decompiler
  2. Import plugin for max
  3. Export plugin for max
  4. Model compiler

You might also have to learn how to envelope, uv unwrap, model, etc… to get to where you want to be. Good luck!

Could you provide a link to those different tools please?

I found this: http://www.wunderboy.org/3dapps.php#max_smd but I have 2014 edition of 3DS Max. Will these still work?
Thanks again.

Hm no, you really should use 2012 if you want to use these tools that are really cool, anyway, you can search worm wall tool