How do i get Custom Textures to work in gmod?

Hello, I was wondering if somone could help me understand how to get Custom textures to work with maps in garrys mod. Recently I made a map and, following the tutorials on halfwit-2.com, i made some custom textures including credits. However, No matter where i seemed to put the textures at folder wise, they would not show up in the final BSP when being run on Garrys mod. I originally tested the map in half-life 2, and had the texture path in the hl2/materials/ <folder> , and it had worked. But no matter where i seem to put them they do not work in Gmod (even when they are in the exact location they were when testing in hl2). Can anyone help me understand how to fix this? thanks.

Did you put the materials in the: <username>\garrysmod\garrysmod\materials folder?
And what is the folder name you put them in [inside the “hl2\materials” folder?

Is the texture showing up as Pink and black checkers in Gmod? If so then you have to put the texture into the Gmod folder, look for a program called Pakrat and you should be able to embed the texture into the BSP.

Edit: the gmod Materials folder :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried putting it in that folder, but for some reason it didn’t work. Ill try using that program you mentioned.

don’t copy your materials folder into the garrysmod materials folder, copy the contents of your materials folder over.

I’ve got this problem also, file path in HL2 is hl2/materials/mytextures/, in GMod garrysmod/materials/mytextures does not work.

I don’t get it. :confused:

post your vmt. Did you create a direct file path (starting with C:…) to your texture or a local one (mytextures/texturename)?

3kliksphilip on youtube can help ya with that

follow a tut on youtube this it the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbEGj8kCLx4 but just pick gmod insted of css that he uses

This thread is from last year, I’m sure he figured it out already.