How do I get my server to show up in the server list?

How do I get my server to show up in the server list?

If you have the correct port open on your router and the scrds allowed through the firewall try typing in the server console, heartbeat that will send a heart beat to the master servers

I am using port 28015 and other people are able to connect to it by using the client.connect console command.

I tried typing heartbeat in the server console and received no feedback and the server still does not show up in the list.

Would it matter if I did not set an identity to the server on the command line? Are there any command line switches that are required to be present in order for the server to show up on the server list?

Thanks

Unless it recently changed, the server list will only show the top 100-200 servers (I think it’s 200). Given that there’s well over 2,000 servers (http://www.playrusthq.com/stats), you may have to wait until Rust supports pagination and / or searching in the server list.

You could make sure your server is actually on Steam by searching for it on PRHQ here: http://www.playrusthq.com/servers/search - if it can’t find it, then the server is either offline or the cache hasn’t updated properly yet (it gets the full server list every 30 minutes).

what is your start up cmd line like atm and what does your server.cfg look like ? when ppl connect to your server i guess their using you external ip address

I see. My server doesn’t even show up on http://www.playrusthq.com/servers/search and it’s been running for 5 days now. Since my friends can connect to it I know the port is forwarded correctly.

It also doesn’t appear in Local Servers in-game either.

call “RustDedicated.exe” -batchmode +rcon.password ****** +server.port “28015” +server.maxplayers 20 +server.secure true +server.hostname “praise deezus” +autoupdate

I don’t have a server.cfg, I couldn’t find any documentation of where you place it or what it should contain.

Thanks

Use something like this, substituting the IP address, server, RCON port etc with your own choices.

If I recall correctly, you need to set an RCON port and have that forwarded in your router too.

RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.hostname “Test Server” +server.port 28015 +server.identity “facepunchdev” +server.seed 6738 +rcon.ip 192.168.0.70 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password pa$$word

Forward both TCP and UDP for your choice of rcon.port.

I’ll give that a try. Thanks so much for the assistance. I’ll let you know if I still have issues.

Try settings +server.ip also. Steam communicates with your server on the specific server.port + 1 (so if you set it to 28015, Steam uses 28016) - make sure this is also forwarded.

Try with a different range port (how 7777).
Also try to disable the firewall in your machine and after check if show up in the list.
When I use a 3G connection I only see 100 servers of 1000.
Also put the name (ZZZZZ) to your server and click two times in name (from the list). I use this for find more fast my testing temporal server.

I changed my command line to the following, forwarded 28015-28017, and it’s on the list now. Thanks for the help guys! Really appreciated.

RustDedicated.exe -batchmode -autoupdate +server.identity “praise deezus” +server.hostname “praise deezus” +server.ip 0.0.0.0 +server.port 28015 +rcon.password ****** +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 +rcon.port 28017 +server.maxplayers 20 +server.worldsize 3000 +server.seed 2159899931 +server.saveinterval 3600 +server.secure true