How do I install addons?

OK let me get this out of the way… I am NOT tech savy, trust me I am not, I’m supirsed I even got as far as finding my files for garrysmod, now I just need help

Where would I download this into:

Thanks in advance :smile:

Open the “tools” folder and put every folder from there to …\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons
Then go back and open the “zombie fort” folder and put the text files into …\garrysmod\garrysmod\data\adv_duplicator

How wolud I access them from Garry’s Mod?
(I checked in Browse folder but couldn’t find)

You need to use the tool called “Advanced Duplicator”. Then select the wanted duplication and place it anywhere.

OK last question, I actually saved zombie fot to data folder and not the advanced duplicator data folder, the reason is because I can’t find the advanced duplicator data folder, do you have to download that too?

just create it, if the adv_duplicator folder is missing

:doh:

I found it… sorry about that

[editline]03:58PM[/editline]

It wasn’t missing but I just overlooked it (it’s in my add-ons folder)

[editline]04:47PM[/editline]

Are you guys SURE it’s directly to that folder… I added those but I can’t seem to spawn the prop
(Help would be much appreciated)

I’ll dumb this down as far as I can for you. No offense, but I’m only dumbing it because you said you suck with tech :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, so, in the “tools” folder, there are the five folders. Copy (or move) all of them into your garrysmod/garrysmod/addons folder.

Now, in garrysmod/garrysmod/data, there SHOULD (keyword SHOULD) be a folder called “adv_duplicator”. If there isn’t, make one. Move the files in the zombie fort folder to THAT adv_duplicator folder.

Now, start your game (or close and restart if GMod was running at the time), and open the “Advanced Duplicator” tool. (We’ll worry about getting you a proper version later.) There should be the two files! Click one, and click the Open button. Then just click somewhere, let the ghost image of the fort guide you.

VIOLA, you’re done, and you got yourself a fort.

All of that has already been said :colbert:

Yes, but I had to dumb it down and put it in one post for him to understand it easier. He just put the dupe files in his addon folder.

Well thanks for making me feel like a dumbass :xd:

Thanks man, but I actually found it out right before I came on FacePunch, you see I accidently put it in the ADDONS adv duplicator instead of the data one

Well thanks anyways :smile: