How do I make a Garry's Mod server?

Does it cost money and how much and where do I buy it? I tried making a server on the menu where it says create multiplayer, but it didn’t come up on the server list when I scanned it.

Edit:

waiting…waiting…

I don’t think making a server is going to cost you money.

but do you know how to make one? that’s what i want to know

Start up the server, and type the commands “sv_lan 0” and “heartbeat” in console, and then your server should be on the list.

Are your ports forwarded?

I’m literally laughing my ass off when I read this thread, seriously.

You can do create server or make dedicated server.

just do the create multiplayer thing

How can you literally laugh your ass off?

The last time I checked, you couldn’t.

It happens when you laugh so hard the vibrations from your gigglebox cause your anus and ass fat to detach from the ass slot of your body.

It can be very dangerous to have a steady ROTFL fits.

Its ok to have a frequent lol diet.

About the topic can’t you just choose the dedicated server from the ‘tools’ tab in steam.

Hod? I think you mean how.

That does not work for me

That thing is crap. I tried using it and it has the most useless frikin instruction I’ve EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER used. ‘First of all download hldsupdatetool from the VALVe webserver. Make a dir called srcds_l, and save hldsupdatetool in that dir and run it. (Check this out when you have an uncompress error.)’ ‘First edit (or create) srcds_l/cstrike/cfg/server.cfg like you want it to be. Now we are ready to run the srcds.
./srcds_run -console -game cstrike +map de_dust -maxplayers 16 -autoupdate
and press enter. (-game hl2mp if it’s a HL2DM server ofcourse)
Your srcds is now up and running.’. HOW THE HELL CAN ANYONE DO THAT.

Edit:

That doesn’t work at all either, it doesn’t show gmod after you install it.

Just click create multiplayer, then set your settings, after that, click start game and you will join it.

What if you can’t see the screen? Mine goes black after it loads…It’s really bad…I see the Big G in the right corner, then, BOOM its black…

For god sake…you have to forward your ports.Or else your internet won’t let you create your own server.

All you have to do is press the create button.

i know you guys are chatting, but i need help with this to!