How do I make an animated texture?

First off I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS GOES SO I’LL PUT IT IN HERE

So how? I have VTF edit, does that help? do I have to use a different program? or do it the SDK way?

It would be great if any of you guys can help!

Well I suggest you to post it to the Garry’s mod base-section.

Mapping section to be exact, there are friendly guy’s there, they’ll help you out.

Step 1: Go here http://www.facepunch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Any help?

I know the code to make the VMT but I need to know how to make a VTF with more then 1 frames like in hl2 ep1 with the combine core status screen. or in hl2 ep2 with the silo status screen. or in CS:S in the monitor with the blinking underscore

[editline]04:20PM[/editline]

ok i’ll make a thread there

Don’t – your thread has already been moved.

In VTFEdit go to File then Import and select all of the pictures that you need, then click Open. You should now see one of the images you selected. You can press play to see your animated picture in action.

Just incase your not sure on this he means select all the images of your animation (as separate images), in order, with either shift or control held down to ensure all remain selected at the same time, then click open and it should work as said.

Just thought I should add detail there as it is important that they are all selected in order when imported.

Edit: Also you could do it with a proxy in a VMT but the above way is far easier.