How do I make custom spawn lists work properly?

I’m trying to make a custom spawn list for my Propeller SVN, but I keep running into problems.

The first problem is basically if I make a custom spawn list that contains more than one model, the console will continually spew this every time you click on the newly generated spawn list:

[ERROR] attempt to compare string with number
  1. sort - [C]:-1
   2. SortedPairs - lua/includes/extensions/table.lua:543
    3. DoPopulate - ...e/spawnmenu/creationmenu/content/contenttypes/custom.lua:144
     4. DoClick - ...e/spawnmenu/creationmenu/content/contenttypes/custom.lua:60
      5. InternalDoClick - lua/vgui/dtree_node.lua:81
       6. DoClick - lua/vgui/dtree_node.lua:48
        7. unknown - lua/vgui/dlabel.lua:196

Even if I take another already generated working spawn list and rename it, it still results in the same console spam and no models being listed.

The second problem is that spawn lists in the addon folder (garrysmod\addons\propellersvn\settings\spawnlist) aren’t automatically copied to the garrysmod\settings\spawnlist folder like they were in GM12.

Keep in mind that I’m not using the workshop, I’m using the old addon system. Nor do I intend to because of the idiot Valve license that makes everything irrevocably their property if you store it on their servers.