How do I multithread Garrys Mod?

I’ve been having some trouble. I’ve heard it can be done I just don’t know how. Your help is always appreciated here. Since I have 2 cores I might as well make use of them.

It can’t be done any more.

(Why don’t people ever explain a little more?)

Okay why can’t it be done anymore?

Because Lua doesn’t multithread itself. Do you know how annoying it is to code multithreading into something? It’s not like Garry can check a check box saying “use dual-core processors for lua”.

People had better get used to the idea since companies are making less and less single core processors.

That makes no sense. Everything will still work on multicore processors. They just won’t utilize the various cores.

It makes perfect sense, and that was a pretty dumb thing to say. “Hey my dual core’s speed is equivalent to a Pentium 4 6.28Ghz, but let’s not use the other core because things work fine anyways!” I’m well aware that everything still works using one core, but it isn’t worth it because you’re running stuff on a 2004 speed.

It’s difficult to create multi-threaded applications. It’s not like there’s a magic button you press that converts your program to use multiple cores.

It was difficult for the first organisms to crawl out of the water for the first time, yet they did it.

EXPERIMENTAL

works with Garry’s Mod, TF2, DOD:S and Episode 2

Core2Duo
mat_queue_mode “2”
cl_threaded_bone_setup “1”
cl_interp_threadmodeticks “1”
cl_threaded_client_leaf_system “1”
r_threaded_client_shadow_manager “1”
r_threaded_particles “1”
r_threaded_renderables “1”
r_queued_decals “1”
r_queued_post_processing “1”
mp_usehwmmodels “-1”
mp_usehwmvcds “-1”

HT (Pentium 4)
mat_queue_mode “1”
cl_threaded_bone_setup “0”
cl_interp_threadmodeticks “0”
cl_threaded_client_leaf_system “0”
r_threaded_client_shadow_manager “0”
r_threaded_particles “1”
r_threaded_renderables “0”
r_queued_decals “0”
r_queued_post_processing “0”
mp_usehwmmodels “-1”
mp_usehwmvcds “-1”

How do you have this auto start with Garrys Mod? Is it the “Autoexec.cfg” that you put it in?

Found it, yes it is

Bump, sry. Is there command that works for AMD Athlon? I tried mat_queue_mode 2, but it crashed my game.