How do I play with Garry's Mod add ons?

I have put the add ons on the folder C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps<username>\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons How do I play with the add ons after I install them? Or, did I put the add ons on the wrong folder?

P.S. I was trying to install some rag dolls. Don’t know if it matters or not thought.

Ragdolls with typically have different folders inside of them, which you need to place in their respective folders. You sort of had it when you put it in the addons. Post a link to the ragdoll and I’ll see what needs to go where, but generally the models folder goes in the models folder, etc.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vjd9a9v8sblnrst Here you go. :slight_smile: It is ScareCrow from Arkham Asylum.

Make a folder in the addons folder, say “ScareCrow” then put the main files “Models” and “Materials” as well as the txt. document, If there was non included. you can always copy and paste a text document to the folder.

wrong section by the way. go to the help and support section for other threads like this.

:confused: Man, I’m such a noob at this. :stuck_out_tongue: I did it but I still can’t find it in the game.

Sorry, I thought since it was the Garry’s Mod help section I should post it on here. :slight_smile:

When you want to install addons, first check if the addon has an “info.txt” in it.

Meaning, if you enter a folder, say for example, “AK47 Swep” and there is an “info.txt” in it, you would put the folder “AK47 Swep” in the [sub]Steam\steamapps<username>\garrysmod\garrysmod[/sub]addons folder.

If the package you downloaded does not have an “info.txt” but folders like “materials, models, sound” etc. etc. you would put all 3 folders into [sub]Steam\steamapps<username>\garrysmod[/sub]garrysmod\ and let it overwrite anything.

If the package you have is something like “AK48 SWEP” and inside that folder theres “AK48 SWEP,” enter the folder again to check for an “info.txt”. In the event where there is a folder in a folder with the info.txt, drag the folder with the info.txt into addons and not the first folder.

Yes! Thank you all for helping. I finally understand what to do. :slight_smile: Once again. Thanks