How do I port guns from other Source games to Gmod?

How can I port a weapon from a different Source game into Gmod? Like for example, what if I wanted to port a weapon from different a Source game such as Black Mesa Early Access into Garry’s Mod since there hasn’t been a port yet of the new weapons with the new models surprisingly.

I have no experience making any mods for GMod and I came here to learn since there is no videos of what I want to learn just so you know.

You can use weapons base available in workshop like gdw (Idk if that’s the name)

Orrr… you could use any base you want, even no base. But really, I think cw 2.0 is the best base.

Just get the model files, port them from the game’s files and create your own SWEP from those models. Don’t forget to port the materials. I wish things were as simple as copying the .ctx files from the game itself into garry’s mod, but it’s unfortunately not.

Well that sounds easy, but how would I create a swep?

Depends on the game. Some games like may work perfectly, where as other games like Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, or TitanFall cannot simply be “copy-and-pasted” into Garry’s Mod.
We really can’t give you a concrete explanation unless you define what games you are trying to work with.

I would want to try and work with Black Mesa 2015 or the Legacy version from 2012.

Black mesa 2015 is a mod, right? The best advice I can give you is:

Create a folder in this directory: Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons. Call it whatever you want, for example, BlackMesaPorts.

Go into your Black Mesa files, and you should see a file called “models”. Let’s say that that game has a glock 18 model. Go into the models directory and look in “weapons” or whatever file contains the weapon view models(those models should have v_ before them). So, go into the directories that have a gun-- you know what, give me pictures and add me on steam then I can fully help you. My steam name: Von Kaiser

There is more then one Von kaiser, can you give me a link?