I started my community on the release day of Garry’s Mod 13. I took the advantage of having a server ready prepared for the release of Garry’s Mod 13, when other servers wouldn’t be up yet. I had no lua experience, but my community is still up. I learn bits and pieces as I go. My advice for you is to start a community when the time is right. DarkRP 2.5.0 comes out October 4th (I think?), so it might be a good idea to prepare a server for the release of then. I’m sure you’ll be able to find some people who can help you out with custom jobs/shipments, would be pretty scabby of people to charge you for something like that.
However, stick to one server until your community population largely increases where players begin to request more servers. Obviously, if you don’t have the money, don’t get more.
How to make your community a success, or a fun community to be with
- Pick the right time to start up
- Have that special something, which no one or not many people will have in their community
- Don’t steal donations (Spend donations on your own benefits and not the community)
- Don’t have shitty ranks (Owner, Co-Owner etc…)
- Have ranks on the line of - Management, Super Admin, Admin, Donator, User
- Have decent grammar. In my opinion, community founders/owners/management with bad grammar, gives the wrong impression and doesn’t look professional
- Don’t be 12