How do you make it so players can download your maps?

I made a server and people always get disconnected because they don’t have a map. I need to know how to make it download automatically like any other server. I looked at svn and such but that looks like some complicated stuff so I was wondering if there is any other way, preferably and easier one.

Always thought that happens automatically.
You could try using a Force Downloader, where I think you specify what your guests download. Haven’t used it myself, mind you.

Didn’t work, no matter what I do I can’t seem to make other people download maps. That’s all I want too. I even tried the svn thing and trial after trial it still doesn’t work.

Take a look at this, and attempt it if you haven’t already.

It doesn’t even download it with net_maxfilesize 64. I really don’t know how to fix this, it’s really pissing me off.

[editline]20th July 2011[/editline]

Didn’t work either.

sv_allowdownload both 1 and 0 didn’t do anything either.

Like he said it should be automatic but try sv_enabledownload 1 if that dosen’t work then i don’t know

There’s no such cvar. Thanks for trying though.

bump

this is what i found in the console after getting disconnected does this provide any information??? Help?

[editline]22nd July 2011[/editline]

I did eventually get the default 20 kb/s download to work but when I thought I wanted to add FastDL and i shutdown the server and started back up the default 20 kb/s download thing didn’t work anymore

[editline]22nd July 2011[/editline]

Surely someone must be able to fix this, I mean I find FastDL on almost every server of every source game…

Could it possibly be because of my ports? I’m really out of ideas here.

I believe he meant to say sv_allowdownload. Have you tried resource.AddFile to force the download? The default 20kb/s thing is because of FastDownload not being set up.

There have been problems recently with FastDL servers it think

I’m still trying to work out the kinks with my FastDL server -.- … I’m not sure if I am to blame Garry’s Mod or my noobyness. SRCDS was extremely easy to set up but FastDL… not so much.