How many of you have this crash issues?

For me it started to happen past few days or maybe it was after thursdays patch.
Game just shuts down without any notice after maybe 30 mins gameplay.
I had the problem with a freezed computer after shutting down rust, forcing me to shut down comp from powerbutton.
But this is really frustrating, cant play anymore since game just keeps shutting down, and it would somehow feel good to read that more people than me have the same problem.

I played Rust for like 800 hours and had no problems before.
Yes i reinstalled rust, yes i have monitored temprature. Yes i verified all rustfiles.

Is the solution in the hands of facepunch ?

What hardware are you using and are your drivers up-to-date?

I see many players getting this error:

Steam: k_EAuthSessionResponseAuthTicketCanceled

I have gotten this one myself quite a few times, always just instantly shut down the game (running window mode).

Just hope that Valve will work on it so games (Rust not the only one) will work properly without risk of sudden kick.

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20GHz 39 °C
Clarkdale 32nm Technology
RAM
6,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI 2A9C (CPU 1) 39 °C
Graphics
2752 (1920x1080@60Hz)
SyncMaster (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (MSI) 37 °C
Storage
1397GB Seagate ST31500341AS (SATA) 40 °C
Optical Drives
hp BD B DH8E2L
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

And yes drivers up to date. Had no problems at all, but just someting happened after latest patch

i5 650???
And doesn’t rust require RAM to be clocked at 1000+ MHz?

No it don’t

old comp but played without any issues on 60 fps past months

I’ve had an issue like this for the last couple of months now. Rust just randomly crashes to desktop without warning or reason. Doesn’t seen like there’s anything in particular that triggers it. Sometimes it can happen seconds after I log in. Sometimes I can play for a couple of hours without a crash. On the rare occasion it will crash so hard that I need to hard reset my computer after the crash because it will just freeze Windows up completely. Although in fairness, I haven’t had that happen in a couple of weeks now.

Oh… yeah sounds exactly like the problem ive got now

I’ve heard a lot of people having this problem including myself, it’s nothing to do with peoples PC specs in my opinion. Doing some research I have found it maybe to do with something with the Unity engine or the game itself, but honestly I’m not sure at this moment what is causing it.

But I’m sure Garry is aware of this issue, he might be able to fix it or it’s out of his reach due to again being the Unity engine maybe. Just wait till an official patch to be released since in the new Devblog 70 Garry did put “Phew, Quite a week for me. Next week I’ll probably be fixing bugs and balancing” so a fix may be rolled out next week, maybe.

Yeah I have this too. Until last week it could crash to desktop and I’d get a message that my video driver crashed and recovered… I could still hear the game, move, shoot, etc but I had zero visual, the whole game window was totally gone and I was seeing my desktop.

This bug was gone for 1-2 weeks and now since last week I got this new one (which I suppose is just a different version of it) : Game just closes with zero warning or message… just gone… Could be coincidence but it happened 2-3x to me last night and every time it did, I was mining and alt-looking… Could be related, unsure.