how much players i can host?

how much players i can host?

http://up353.siz.co.il/up3/w0g0qtoetnin.bmp

I used to host a server with 12 players and a noticeable lag on a 1 mbps upload connection, however it was still playable.
I’d say 4 players for a totally lag less server.

Assuming each player uses about 20kB/s average (of your upload) then that works out at 160kb/s, so about 6 players

mod Minigames.
Yesterday I had 8 players …
And no lag …

20kB/s is being safe, so don’t expect much more than that

What the Internet needs to 32 players?

I’ll give you some statistics on my server, for the experience to be completely optimal for in-game players you should probably look elsewhere for hosting.

(Also, valve recently added some netcode tweaks to the Source Engine that provide better results than previously, you’re not forced to send so much heavy data anymore, check the hlds mailing list for more on this.)

At 32 players(Default rates) the outbound kb/s never exceeds 350kb/s. (This is going to be your optimal upload speed, you’ll need at least this to host a full server of 32 players on any orangebox game.)

At 32 players(Default rates) the inbound kb/s never exceeds 80kb/s (This is going to be your optimal download speed, you’ll need at least this to host a full server of 32 players on any orangebox game.)

Good luck!