How to apply for a license to host dedicated servers

Hi,

What would be the correct way to apply for a license to host dedicated servers for Rust? I see some GSPs did it in a thread regarding Rust servers, but I guess that isn’t the right approach.

Kind regards,
Dennis

I seem to remember seeing Garry say that he wasn’t accepting any new GSPs. You’d be very hard-pressed to get a response from any devs around here.

Quite frankly, I don’t think you’ll be able to get access.

That’s a shame. I have tried contacting Garry a few times, but I get no reply.
People contact us once in a while to hear if we are planning to host Rust servers since we’re one of the biggest hosts in Denmark.
Besides that, Rust is a great game that I would love to mess around with :slight_smile:

Thousands of requests to host Rust have been made for months. The game is in alpha and it’s way too early for a wide rollout.

Yeah, but it would also be possible to get tons and tons of feedback if dedicated server files weren’t ‘private’. :slight_smile:
But I can also see the point in not making the files public. Either way it would be great for me to have the option to mess around with the server and prepare for when they are made public.

You could be waiting a year for the server files to be public. I’m not a dev, I don’t know anything particular, but don’t hold your breath. It could be something available in two months, or possibly not for fifteen.

I am hoping that once this version of rust is put to legacy branch and the Experimental branch becomes the standard they might release the current server files to the public.

99% of the server online now are dead ass empty…the last thing we need is even more hosts and more empty servers.

Whether or not servers are being used is more or less irrelevant. It’s like any other game. People will stick to the servers they know. That’s how I see it.

The cause of empty servers are not the GSPs. It’s the server owners. Whether or not there’s 10 or 200 hosts for GSP, the amount of people who want to buy a server is the same.

Sure…and none of your servers are known and will sit in a sea of empty servers…that’s how I see it :slight_smile:

If you read the last couple of lines, it’ll make more sense. The number of online servers won’t increase because the number of GSPs increase. :slight_smile:

The devs still have no reason to increase the number of GSPs, no matter how good it’d be for you and the about two thousand others that’ve come and asked/begged for the server SteamCMD key.