How to compile custom animations?

How do you compile custom animations into a model? I am making my own model that shorter then the valve skeleton, and I am trying to figure out how to include those animations into the compile file.

It helps to decompile other models and see how the qc file is structured in regards to different commands and such.

This elaborates on the $sequence command:

I’m hoping you know what a qc file is and how models are compiled.

Yea I have compiled stuff before. I actually did decompile some files from other people to see how they did it, but that did me no good. I didn’t understand how the $sequence command worked.

I also wanted to know how many animations I would need to actually do. I thought I would need to animate about 180 animations, but I just need to make sure I am correct.

Also I don’t need to just add animations, I am tryng to overwrite the animatinos for walking and stuff. When I opened one of the few files that had all custom animations it looks like this.

$animation a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_up_right "a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_up_right" fps 30.000000 subtract mdldecompiler_delta.smd 0

$animation a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_mid_right "a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_mid_right" fps 30.000000 subtract mdldecompiler_delta.smd 0

$animation a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_down_right "a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_down_right" fps 30.000000 subtract mdldecompiler_delta.smd 0

$animation a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_up_center "a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_up_center" fps 30.000000 subtract mdldecompiler_delta.smd 0

$animation a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_mid_center "a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_mid_center" fps 30.000000 subtract mdldecompiler_delta.smd 0

$animation a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_down_center "a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_down_center" fps 30.000000 subtract mdldecompiler_delta.smd 0

$animation a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_up_left "a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_up_left" fps 30.000000 subtract mdldecompiler_delta.smd 0

$animation a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_mid_left "a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_mid_left" fps 30.000000 subtract mdldecompiler_delta.smd 0

$animation a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_down_left "a_HL2DM_crouch_aim_pistol_down_left" fps 30.000000 subtract mdldecompiler_delta.smd 0

Does the name of each animation determine if it overwrites the animations of the default male model? I need this model to stay scaled and not explode to the size of the valve player models.