How to get the best out of my dedicated server at limestone? (Gmod Build Server)

Hi, I have a dedicated server at limestone and want to know how I can get the best out of a build server. I mean like, no lag, etc. I know it will lag here and then but that’s okay. I know sv_minrate and sv_maxrate are something to do with it so I need help with those. All tips and suggestions would be helpful.

My server specs:

Core2Quad Q9300 @ 2.5ghz
8GB Ram
Windows Server 2008 OS
100mbps Connection

(Again, its located at Limestone Networks in Texas)

So, how can I make a build server not lag? What are some good things to add, or and commands to throw in?

Thanks guys,

Don’t you run http://radonservers.com/

Wait… why isn’t it loading?

Anyway, if you run a GSP you should know all of this already.

Get the fuck out of here Tyler. Fucking troll. FacePunch isn’t about trolls like you, its about helping other people with their problems as far as Garry’s Mod is concerned. And no i don’t own that.

I mean really…Is all you do is sit around and troll FacePunch? Get a life.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming." - Orkel))

Snip it quick.

To late, already reported.

I think calling him a troll was taking it abit to far.

Either way darksoul. He was asking for help and you completely de-railed the subject.

I’m one scared son of a bitch. Is that your weapon Tyler? Reporting me? All I asked was a simple question and you had to clusterfuck the subject. I just wanted an answer.

Oh Zack, learn to facepunch.

:wtc: Zackh, why are you suddenly raging for no reason?

Meh, if FacePunch is this bad, then I shouldn’t be on it. Facepunch tears me apart when I ask a simple question?

[editline]15th January 2011[/editline]

Not meaning to rage, just the way i type sometimes. Tyler (Darksoul) especially pisses me off because he backstabbed me. Twice.

Why are we derailing the thread?
We need some answers :confused:

Yeah, CPU usage stays below 15% all the time but the server has high pings and lags with a lot of PHX.

We should have 100 MB/s speed soon, it would be good.

We already have it dumbass. And its no use going to 1000mbps…already tried.

CPU usage stays below 15% because it’s single threaded.

I had a server with Radon once. It’s funny because the WHMCS service keeps randomly disappearing, deleting the server entirely with no notice.

Because the owner of Radon was getting DDOSed. I work for Radon. And I think the DDOSER was you know who, I’m not gonna say.

Zack kept reinstalling TCAdmin and shit, I had nothing to do with it.
I kept getting pissed at him for doing it.

So Zack does work there?

Oh and I love waiting 15 minutes for the TCAdmin to finally log in (once I get my account details to work.) A+ service