How to make a small Garry's Mod playermodel?

So i’m trying to make this playermodel (This isn’t my first time) and i’m the specific model i’m implementing into Garry’s Mod is small. How do I make it small though? I tried adjusting the skeleton to the correct size but it just stretches out in Garry’s mod. Any help?

PM in Garry’s Mod:
http://imgur.com/j0outVx
PM in blender:
http://imgur.com/brbOclo

Thanks!

Just scale the model down in blender and re-weight paint

That’s not gonna work since it will affect the player skeleton. The player skeleton should be left unchanged or animations will mess up.

People have managed to make small player models though, the workshop has a Pikachu player model that i think took all of the player model animations and scaled them down to Pikachu’s size, then there’s the stuff made by CaptainBigButt and a few others that uses a method that doesn’t involve scaling down every animation

If you’re using the proportion trick then yes it will work, but if you’re only scaling the model down then it will not be enough. I have heard of the proportion trick before but I couldn’t remember the name of the trick or how it worked in detail.

Ok I’ve looked at the proportion trick but I don’t completely understand it. I would like to scale down the animations to see if that works. One more thing, were are my animations in my QC? Is it this line?

$Sequence “ragdoll” {
“chopper_reference_anims\ragdoll.smd”
activity “ACT_DIERAGDOLL” 1
fadein 0.2
fadeout 0.2
fps 30
}

Thanks!

You could scale Down with lua i believe.

Basically everything with $Sequence in front of it are your animations.

$Sequence “ragdoll” {
“chopper_reference_anims\ragdoll.smd”
activity “ACT_DIERAGDOLL” 1
fadein 0.2
fadeout 0.2
fps 30
}

This is the only thing in my QC with $Sequence, how do I scale down the animations?

If I decompile the jerry playermodel form the work shop and use it’s skeleton for my model will it work? I’m kind of trying to avoid that way though, because I would have to re-weight paint and thats going to be annoying. So I’m still in favor of scaleing down the animations if someone can tell me how.

(Jerry is a mouse and the player model is small)

bump?

Is there a $includemodel line in your QC ? Most animations are compiled to a single .mdl/.ani file, $includemodel saves you time and helps QC to be simplified and clean by importing all animations inside a .mdl file to the one you are compiling.

That’s probably the reason why all you see is a single $sequence line in your QC.

Yes I did have one line with it:

$IncludeModel “m_anm.mdl”

So what do I do with this? Find it decompile it and see if I can scale down the animations from there?

Ehm, decompiling .mdl to get QC codes and animations isn’t the best thing, if you do that you’ll have to fix a huge amount of things, otherwise you’ll get a lot of T-posed animations and other issues.

I’d say your best shot is at coding. If you’ll just be using this model for GMod you could do that with a few lines of LUA coding (people here can help you with LUA stuff if you need).
If it’s for a mod you are working on it can be done also, but I’m pretty sure it’s a little harder.

Other than that, you will have to manually scale animations and/or do a few tricks and tweaks in the QC file.

(I don’t know any other way to do this, maybe I’m missing some easier method)

Ok, I think I might try to find an easier way to do it but I just might have to do it the hard way :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks!