How to make water/add AI scripts

Well, I’ve never been able to make water work. EVER. I’ve only tried one way, and that was 3kliksphillip’s way, didn’t work.

I also have another question. Is there a way to make a func_physbox attack people, just by lunging itself at them? My friend said “Attach an AI Script”, and I have no idea how to do that.

The way I make water is.

1. Find a water texture. (I use devwater5 for clear water.)
  2. Add it as if it were a brush and then press Control+T
  3. Make it a Func_water_analog
  4. Click Apply.

That is usually what I do and if I am wrong someone correct me.

I haven’t used Physbox much.

No wonder. Water isn’t too hard to figure out, I suggest you look at some respectable tutorials (Interlopers, Half-Wit 2(?), etc.) They will teach you almost everything you need to know to a goo level of detail.

Water is pretty simple, you just need a brush textured with nodraw, and apply the water texture you want only to the top face of the brush. However the map needs to be sealed (no leaks)

[editline]08:44PM[/editline]

I’ve never tied any water brush to an entity.

You are retarded if you do it this way for all water. DO NOT USE THIS WAY FOR NORMAL WATER.

This makes the engine use “Cheap” water which has static reflections and looks horrid.

You probably have a leak. Does the water show up if you go inside of it, and just the top surface is missing?

1. Make a place for your water
  2. Get the nodraw texture
  3. Get a water texture and ONLY APPLY IT TO THE TOP FACE
  4. Make sure there are no leaks in your map, apply, you’re done.

yes! That’s what happens!!

Go “File->Load Pointfile” and find the red line and follow it to where you can see the Void. Or search “Leak” on FP and there’s 300 threads on how to fix them.

Well, about the AI scripts. Is there any help on that?

As far as I know there’s no ‘AI script’ feature for controlling a func_physbox.