HOW TO MERGE BONES WITH MESH? (IN BLENDER, OR MAX, WITCH EVER'S EASIER.)

BEFORE WE GET STARTED I WANNA INFORM THE PEOPLE THAT DON’T KNOW ME THAT, I’M NOT TYPING LIKE THIS BECAUSE I AM YELLING…I DO IT BECAUSE I HAVE EYE ISSUES AND NEED TO SEE THE LETTERS BETTER BY TYPING LIKE THIS…(I DON’T MEAN TO SOUND RUDE BY SAYING THIS) BUT, I DON’T WANT THIS TO TURN INTO A CAPS WAR AND NO I DON’T WANNA MAKE THE SCREEN/TEXT BIGGER/SMALLER IT WOULD GET ANNOYING TO HAVE TO CONSTANTLY DO THAT (I THINK ONE OF THEM IS PERMANENT BUT I’M NOT SURE.) AS FOR ANY OTHER VARIANTS TO THOSE, LIKE THE ZOOM THING, I DON’T KNOW HOW TO DO IT AND I DON’T WANT TO, IT’S LIKE THE OTHER THINGS, IT WOULD GET ANNOYING YO HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REDO IT ALL THE TIME…PLUS, I DON’T HAVE TROUBLE WITH SEEING BIG PICTURES I CAN SEE THEM JUST FINE. SO THAT WOULD MAKE IT HARD TO SEE THEM THUS ADDING TO THE ISSUE SO…ETHER WAY, I LIKE TYPING LIKE THIS ANYWAYS. AM USE TO IT THERE NOW THAT THAT’S DONE, DOWN TO THE ISSUES/QUESTIONS I HAVE. :slight_smile:

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO WORK WITH A FEW VALVE GAME MODELS (LIKE THE HL2 MODELS) ECT AND I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO SWAP HEADS WITH ONE TO ANOTHER CUSTOM “FIXED” MODEL (BECAUSE THE HEAD ON IT IS NOT RIGHT) I KNOW HOW TO SWAP HEADS BUT EVERY TIME I TRY TO “COMPILE” IT IN “CROWBAR” AFTER I “EXPORT” IT FROM BLENDER AS AN “SMD” FILE, AND AFTER I GOT AN “ERROR” IN CROWBAR STATING THAT “THE PELVIS HAS NO PARENT!!” I FOUND OUT RECENTLY THAT I HAD TO “MERGE” THE BONES TO THE MESH OR IN OTHER WORDS “RIG IT” OR “ADD IT TO THE AMRATURE” I’VE HEARD OF SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS TO DO IT, AND I HAVE HAD THE SAME RESULT EACH TIME (FIRST I TRIED “JOINING” THE BONES/MESH BY PRESSING “CTRL J”) THAT FAILED, THEN I TRIED THIS WEIRD INSTRUCTION THING I FOUND ON GOOGLE AND I GOT REALLY CONFUSED…I STILL DON’T GET IT… HERE IT IS…IT IS STILL CONFUSING ME I DON’T EVEN KNOW IF IT’S WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR TO BE HONEST, BUT I’M PUTTING IT HERE JUST IN CASE.

(BTW, THE ONLY REASON THAT IT’S NOT IN CAPS IS BECAUSE I COPIED AND PASTED IT YES I CAN STILL READ LETTERS LIKE THAT BUT SOMETIMES I DO HAVE TO DOUBLE CHECK TO BE SURE JUST SAYING…^_^.)

1 press Tab to enter Object Mode.
2 select the armature and press Ctrl Tab to enter Pose Mode.
3 select a bone and move by pressing G or rotate by pressing R.

NOW THE THIRD ONE I TRIED WAS…

“WEIGHT PAINTING” (BTW, I DON’T UNDERSTAND IT ETHER.)

NOW, DOWN TO THE ACTUAL “QUESTION” I HAVE…(I KNOW, FINALLY! LOL.)

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO JOIN BONES TO MESH (BTW IT’S A VALVE SKELETON TO CAME WITH THE MODEL WHEN I IMPORTED IT) WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO JOIN THEM SO I CAN STOP THAT CROWBAR ERROR?

PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? AND THANKS FOR READING

I KNOW THAT WAS MORE EXPLAINING WHAT I TRIED THEN A QUESTION BUT I WANTED TO INFORM U ALL OF WHAT I TRIED (I KNOWQ IT WASN’T PROBABLY IN PERFECT DETAIL BUT I SUCK AT THAT LOL.)

P.S I DON’T MEAN TO SOUND RUDE AGAIN BUT PLEASE, PLEASE! DON’T REPLY UNLESS U CAN HELP ME!

P.P.S THIS IS NOT JUST ME “JOINING HEADS” FROM ONE MODEL TO ANOTHER, THIS IS ALSO AN ISSUE I HAVE FOR CREATING “BDDYGROUPS” (LIKE CLOTHS" AND OTHER THINGS.) FOR MODELS. A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME I HAD TO JOIN THE BODYGROUP MESH TO THE BASE MODELS SKELETON (HE SAID “WITH WEIGHTS” MEANING “WEIGHT PAINTING” SO THAT’S HOW I GOT “STARTED” ON THE WIGHT PAINTING UN TELL THEN I HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS FOR I HAVE VERY LITTLE EXPERIENCE WITH 3D MODELING AS U CAN TELL LOL.)

ALSO, I TRIED SOMETHING SOMEONE SUGGESTED TO ME, PRESSING “CTRL” THEN P AND USING THE “WITH EMPTY GROUPS” FEATURE BUT WHEN I COMPILE IT CROWBAR GIVES ME TH SAME ERROR, AND I JUST GOT THE LATEST VERSION TOO SO I KNOW IT’S NOT DEFECTIVE.

THEN SOMETHING I READ FROM ANOTHER FACEPUNTCH FORM, I TRIED GOING INTO “POSE MODE” AND PRESSING “CTRL” BUT THIS TIME I PRESSED “A” INSTEAD OF “P” AND I CLICKED SOMETHING THAT SAID “APPLY AS REST POSE” AND IT DID THE SAME THING. (CROWBAR DID)

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? DO I HAVE TO USE MORE THEN JUST HIS “REFERENCE” MODEL DO I HAVE TO EDIT HIS “LOD” FILES TOO? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

SO, ONCE AGAIN, THANK U FOR READING AND NOW THAT I’M DONE JAMERING ON, LOL, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY/NIGHT. :slight_smile:

You again?

PLEASE USE THE ZOOM FUNCTION ON YOUR COMPUTER. YOU CAN TRIGGER THIS FUNCTION BY OPENING THE MAGNIFIER PROGRAM FROM THE START MENU.