How to record With fraps?

So I enter the game with my fraps on and no overlay comes on? Is there a way to fix this? I Am using a registered copy of fraps.

You’re way better using Dxtory or shadowplay if you have the card, or other recording programs out there

fraps was great in its time but it’s abandonware now that just makes everything run like shit

[editline]19th October 2015[/editline]

Fraps 3.5.99 - 26th February, 2013

[editline]19th October 2015[/editline]

also, if you have windows 10 there is http://www.howtogeek.com/219947/how-to-record-pc-gameplay-with-windows-10’s-game-dvr-and-game-bar/

Well I do not have the card but is there any way I can actually get it to work with rust? I have a pretty good system so lag isnt an Issue

you could try dxtoryout (get the lagarithcodec for it), free demo lets you record a little bit, but I’m not sure how to fix fraps specifically sorry. I’m sure someone else can help

Ehh I dont really like Dxtory :confused: Ill see if anyone else can figure it out. I recently bought Fraps pretty much just for this… So im kinda short on money :confused:

Try Open Broadcaster… I use it for streaming and recording.
In Open Broadcaster you can use the GPUs built in shadowplay/gvr.
Its better and faster than Fraps. Sorry that you wasted your money on this…

yeah I dont really wanna use Open broadcaster either :confused: is there really no way to fix this??? and just go with fraps?