How to save a map?

I placed a bunch of props in an existing map in GMod. I made a save file using the console and I am wondering how I can convert it to a map. I can’t attach all the props using a tool because I placed tons of props. What can I do?

You can’t? You can only save it as a .sav for that map to keep the props in their places. Unless you have the original source files to throw in Hammer and place the props that way, there is no way of saving it as a map.

There has to be a way…

There isn’t. The only way is if you have the original Hammer files for it and place the props manually within Hammer and export the map again. The .sav should save all prop locations, it’s basically exactly what you want.

So there is a way to save the props I have placed with Hammer? Honestly I don’t know what that is, but I assume it is a map-making/exporting tool used for Half-Life and GMod, correct?

Yes, but you have to have the original Hammer files for the map. It’s also not a very simple program. Why not try your hand at map making? I’m sure you can find some pretty good tutorials on YouTube. I make my own simple custom maps but I’m not too well versed in Hammer so I’m not much good as a teacher.

Ok then, I will give it a shot. I just wish that you could somehow make maps based off of the ingame mechanics, even though that isn’t very accurate or precise…

Not sure what you mean by that. You mean like an in game map editor or something? Like CryEngine? Or UDK?

Are you saying there are ingame map editors? Like for GMod?

There is no in-game map editor.