How to set custom spawn points on a workshop map?

Title says it all. I’m making a custom deathmatch server on the map called gm_bigisland off of the workshop. The problem is that 85% of the time a player spawns in the “spawn area” which gets camped by snipers. If you know how I can fix this please help me.

Thanks in advance.

I finally got Garry’s gma extractor to work so I have the actual map file, but I’m not sure where to go from there.

hook.Add( "PlayerSpawn", "SomeUniqueName", function(ply)
    SetPos( ply.SpawnPoint )
end)

Note that ply.SpawnPoint is a variable you’ll have to define.

You don’t need to do anything specific to the map itself (Except define your spawn positions, but you knew that).

I’m sorry, but can you explain a little more please. I want to spawn off of x,y,z coordinates.
example: (Vector(-5560.655762, -2297.068848, 823.798035)

[lua]
hook.Add( “PlayerSpawn”, “SomeUniqueName”, function(ply)
ply:SetPos( Vector(-5560.655762, -2297.068848, 823.798035) )
end)
[/lua]

ply.spawnpoint is a variable called spawnpoint attached to the player entity.

it would have been defined in a way such as ply.spawnpoint = Vector(number,number,number) at some earlier time. You can simply use ply:SetPos(Vector(x,y,z)) inside the playerspawn hook. If you do not understand hooks you should say so.

There’s actually a better hook for this that PlayerSpawn. that’s actually meant to do this. This controls where players spawn. I made mine so that if a point doesn’t exist, it creates it ( a POINT entity ), then it selects a random spawn point on the map ( controlled by my map config system which stores spawn points based on teams, etc around the map ), then it sets the spawn point entity to the random position / angle, then it returns that point entity. The player then spawns at that location.

This is working, I’ll just get a bunch of different positions and use math.random to call a certain position. Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated!