Huge GMOD problem..

When I tried to launch Gmod recently, I had to update it. Good, I like updates.

But, When I pressed Play game, something strange happened. It loaded up the start screen (but not fully – you couldn’t see the options and stuff), but then it closed randomly. No error popup, nothing. So I thought ‘this is strange…’ and I tried again, and again, and again, but still no fix. I also tried deleting all the MDMP files. Still, nothing.

So I decided to post a thread for help.

Any solutions?

I have the same problem! I didn’t notice gmod update, but the same thing happens to me.

yes same problem here started experiencing it after latest patch

i am wondering what can be the cause of this problem i am haveing the same trouble as u guys.

yup same here, just updated gmod, now i cant enter -.-

[editline]02:38AM[/editline]

Got a fix, you need to remove the mount of TF2, thats what keeping gmod off… since TF2 updated and has that error

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=16045440#post16045440

same i dunno why steam just went offline then it came back up so i restarted steam and it did nothing me and my friend where just talking about if gary never gets gmod to work ever again and i said that steam would probley make him :frowning: gmod is just about the only game i play

[editline]07:48PM[/editline]

Go to your C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\Username\garrysmod\garrysmod \cfg
There you will find a file called Content.txt , open that file with notepad/wordpad.
and remove all the text inside it, and replace it with this.

“Content”
{
“240”
{
“mount”“1”
}
“420”
{
“mount”“1”
}
“380”
{
“mount”“1”
}
“300”
{
“mount”“1”
}
“340”
{
“mount”“1”
}
“360”
{
“mount”“1”
}
“400”
{
“mount”“1”
}
}

Then save your file, close it, and simply start up your garry mod.
End of story for today, when valve releases a fix for it, simply go to your garry mod.
in the menu you get at the beginning , when you first start up your garry mod.
you will find something called: Gmod settings.
and there you can enable all your games back on.
for now, if you enable Team fortress 2 also, your garry mod will no longer work

Yep. me too. exept i never got an update. it jst goes to the gmn with the cone and then shuts down. please help

umm i dont have that folder

every bodey should and if u dont then u have some thing rong.

i never have had that folder and the game runs just fine for me, and yes, it is a ligit copy that i bought with cs:s during a sale

oo well double check bc if u dont have that file than u might not be able to play gmod ever again

I almost crapped my pants when my GMOD crashed. Then I read and I knew. WHY MUST EVERY TF2 UPDATE CRASH GMOD?! D:

make it and then make a txt file called content

mine is fucked aslo damn peruvian nipples fuck off :frowning: im sad

well it’s tf2 it is part of gmod i guss and did like he said make it then copy and past this in it Go to your C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\Username\garrysmod\garrysmod \cfg
There you will find a file called Content.txt , open that file with notepad/wordpad.
and remove all the text inside it, and replace it with this.

“Content”
{
“240”
{
“mount”“1”
}
“420”
{
“mount”“1”
}
“380”
{
“mount”“1”
}
“300”
{
“mount”“1”
}
“340”
{
“mount”“1”
}
“360”
{
“mount”“1”
}
“400”
{
“mount”“1”
}
}

Then save your file, close it, and simply start up your garry mod.
End of story for today, when valve releases a fix for it, simply go to your garry mod.
in the menu you get at the beginning , when you first start up your garry mod.
you will find something called: Gmod settings.
and there you can enable all your games back on.
for now, if you enable Team fortress 2 also, your garry mod will no longer work

[editline]09:58PM[/editline]

this is is very true but it might and might not work try at ur own risk !!

worked

good

I don’t want to screw with any files, so I’m just going to play Plants Vs Zombies until this blows away. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s fixed now. lol.

i just saw a cool npc it is call new npc’s i can’t seem to download it how do you download it

[editline]10:36PM[/editline]

plz reply