Hulu in GMOD?

Is it possible to play video off of hulu like you can do with youtube? If so, would it work the same way?

why dont you download the youtube addon and try to modify it to work with hulu yourself? :slight_smile:

How would you go about doing a click on a HTML vgui if its painted on an entity?

You may want to take a look at PlayX. Not sure if it can play Hulu, but it was made to be extended.

If you want to interact with the video player in-game, AFAIK you have to use a binary module like gm_chrome. I wouldn’t recommend trying it, since interacting with the player would de-sync your video with everyone else.

You don’t need gm chrome for that anymore.

Hulu isn’t a good idea since it’s only supported in one country (US) and GMOD is multinational.

Ok, I resolved the problem. It turns out you can make a vgui drawn on an entity “popup” and accept input with [lua]vgui:MakePopup()[/lua]

“Drawn on a entity with MakePopup”

You’re drawing in 3D2D space with MakePopup?

Yes, you can draw a frame with 3D2D on an entity and it acts exactly like a normal frame. Therefore, you can call MakePopup() on said frame and it will accept mouse and keyboard inputs.

Yes but calling MakePopup() won’t make it appear on a entity which is what your post said it would do.

I am already drawing it on the object with
[lua]self.Browser:SetPaintedManually( false )
render.SuppressEngineLighting( true )
cam.Start3D2D( pos, ang, scale )
self.Browser:PaintManual()
surface.SetDrawColor( 0, 0, 0, 255 )
surface.DrawRect( 0, -90, self.BW, 91 )
cam.End3D2D()
render.SuppressEngineLighting( false )
self.Browser:SetPaintedManually( true )[/lua]

That makes much more sense then.

Could you explain how you’re making it possible to use the mouse and keyboard to interact with the browser? I’ve been trying to figure out how to play hulu videos since it doesn’t let me scroll down and see the videos when i click on them.