I am tired of having a penis, I'll do anything for a vagina!

I know most of you guys don’t care because, well, you have your penises, but throw us ladies a bone (pun). I would love to have a female character and actually have a vagina, even if it has to be tiny like the men’s penises are.

Another thing I have noticed, why are the men all clean shaven. They should be able to grow hair and wear it like caveman armor. I’d argue with the idea of every man being clean shaven because I haven’t seen a razor in a loot box, but I understand that the map is highly radiated so our hair probably just falls out. If that’s the case, as a female character, you can leave us bald or give us short hair like Carol from The Walking Dead, that’s okay. However, the highly radiated area should not have caused us all to grow penises and lose our breasts.

Can we please get vaginas?

Would I have to wear pants if I didn’t have a penis? See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKAQLeqKY2s

I don’t think so!

PS. Please see 3:51 in video. Easter egg or total coincidence? As we talk about dinosaurs in Rust, check out the shadows on the rock. Even if my light hearted thread annoys you, but you still enjoy to see random coincidences or hidden easter eggs, check the video at 3:51. No edit.

women don’t use the internet. good try mate. 0/10 please try again.

(User was banned for this post ("Dumb snipe, put more effort into your posts here." - postal))

Someone ban this chode

A female character option is supposedly in the works along with character customization options. These are not considered priority though, and will probably take a good while as stabilization and actually fleshing the game out are higher up on the list. Also, stating that you are a woman has about as much impact as when the numerous other people who asked for a female character claimed the request was for some female acquaintance: little to none.

EDIT: for the record I am not associated with the development team in any way. This was said a good while ago.

looking good

I’m not looking to make an impact. My thread was intended to be light-hearted.

-snip i thought this was in general discussion-

I’m not sure how serious the OP is but for anyone especially bothered by the genitalia of this alpha if a game, you should really review what this stage of the game is for.

In the alpha stage of development, the developers are focusing on game optimization and really basic gameplay. This is why everything still gives you chicken breasts. It’s not important that the meat isn’t called something else, it serves the same gameplay purpose.

The same can be said for the want of men and women in the game. The fact that all players share the same base model doesn’t effect the way the game plays. If it doesn’t effect the way the game plays or performs, it shouldn’t be a top priority in this stage of development. This is the kind of thing you look at in beta, not the alpha stage.

Good reply Snicker. The idea of a pre-release or alpha, makes a lot of sense. Especially if you are in alpha with a free test group finding bugs or testing the gameplay. However, releasing it on steam and having what, a million people purchase the game, changes things. Whether it annoys people or not, once you sell your product, the people who purchase it will then have an opinion. I paid for the game understanding what state the game was in, but I’d also like to see female characters. What may seem totally irrelevant to 99.9% of the people playing because they are male, I am the .1% that thinks something that basic should be in alpha as well. If it was the other way around, trust me, it would have been added long ago. There are different types of guns, which is unnecessary. Different types of food, which is unnecessary. Your example mentions just chicken meat, but doesn’t mention there are candy bars, tuna, cans of beans, and a variety of other type of food. It is basic, but they add variety to make the game more enjoyable, even in it’s current state. Using your logic, make 1 melee, 1 long range, 1 type of food, one animal, one loot box style, one set of clothing (the look, regardless of what it’s named), and no variety in terrain. They added a few things to make the game presentable to the public, to make it enjoyable even in it’s pre-release state. And if you disagree that having female players actually be able to be female doesn’t make it more or less enjoyable to you, then we’ll have to just disagree. My thread is very light-hearted and I understand why it’s not. However, females do enjoy the game too. I have over 100 hours logged and this is the first PC game I have “really” played. The survival genre isn’t just a guy thing (Sims), even though they are adding M4s and various guns, ladies enjoy gathering resources and building forts. I’ll admit, I do not like the weapons and pvp aspect yet. Which again explains why there are so many weapon types, as they are catering (yes, even in pre-release) to a certain type of player (men). And I’m okay with that.

I’ll just have a penis.

However, I’d still like a vagina.

Don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll have customization options in the future.

Even I’m forced to play the game as a bald hairless guy if I wanted to play as a character that looks of the opposite gender, but we’ll see where the game goes. I do appreciate that you can accept the game for what it is at the moment, and that you took the time to logically explain your concern. Hopefully the game should cater to these wants sometime in its development.

“There are no girls on the internet” implies that many girl avatars in games have men controlling them, like when a guy will play as a girl in an RPG and butter up other guys in the game to get free stuff or special attention. I’m not quite sure that you’re using the phrase correctly here.

Female player models have been confirmed to be on dev’s to-do list, it will be implemented don’t worry about it.
Also no one said anything about you not being able to express your opinion, and i don’t think anyone’s gonna invalidate your opinion because you’re a woman on the internet, at least not here they won’t, anyway, there have been threads about this before, it will be added when it’s done/when they feel like they can focus more on things that arent balancing the game or ironing out bugs or optimization.
Keep in mind it is a small dev team.

I honestly thought the main reason they had not done a quick add was because of “hair” issues. Game hair has always turned me off about games as it never looks that great. But I assume clothing having to take on the female shape makes it double the work. Not sure how that works.

Did anyone see the dinosaur shadows? I assume the female thing takes precedent over the shadows mentioned, but I thought it was pretty cool. Talk about perfect timing.

considering the amount of little kids playing this game you would get harrassed for having a female avatar

ms white???

what do any of those two things have to do with one another? homophobically grabbing straws?

[editline]16th March 2014[/editline]

i mean if little kids are playing this game, and lots of them, who cares if there are male/female avatars, the first concern should be the occasional large group of naked men running around.

I think you’re missing the point of rust if that is what you want.

Well if they obviously see a naked female character, their wee wee will get bigger and stronger and if you manage to be one of those “i’m in a female character” part of the population, get ready to see lots of kids flirting with you.

And this is were we are after 25 years of the WWW. Tim Berners Lee would be proud.

It sure does make resource gathering easier. An army of young worker bees.