I can not start Gmod

When I click the Gmod Icon it says preparing to load garry’s mod then dissapers and shows an error saying “SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf,0x0012E5BC) failed with error 1: failed to take master pipe connection lock”

I did read the “READ before posting” post but this was different then the problem that post stated.

Do I have to re-install? if yes then how do I install with my addons still there?

Edit:
This is from the help&support FAQ

My problem is different from this one.^

Restart Steam.

In C:/Program Files/Steam, delete clientregistry.blob and appregistry.blob. For any steam problems, this should be your first move. If that doesn’t work, reinstall. Simply back up your addons, maps, and adv dupes which are saved in the data folder. Then delete the entire GMod folder.

Quit filling his head with such silly notions.

For this problem, the only course of action that needs to be taken is a simple restart of Steam.

I was just giving him more to work on if your suggestion didn’t work. Geese.

Didn’t mean to be rude, but I know for sure what to do for this problem, and I didn’t want him to start reinstalling Steam over something like this.

I frogot to say thanks for helping! I reinstalled and was able to keep my addons and saves, So Thanks. :smiley:

All you had to do was restart Steam :frown:
Oh well.

Reinstalling Gmod took like 3 minutes for me though.:frogc00l: