I can't get a game started.

For some reason, whenever I select Singleplayer or Multiplayer, it loads for a while, then kicks me back to the title screen. What the fuck is going on?

[editline]06:00PM[/editline]

Update. Turns out it only does this when I try to start a server. It then does it until I close the game.

Give us your specs, and check to see if windows firewall is set to allow gmod. I don’t think not forwarding your ports would cause an increase to load times, but if you haven’t done that then you won’t be able to make a server anyway.

Fuck, I don’t even know how to forward ports.

Also, it’s not giving me any error messages. It just kicks me back to the start screen. I also can’t start up an SP game after it happens until I restart the game.

Now, the port forwarding isn’t the problem, from what I’ve seen. I’m saying that it won’t even try to load. It just kicks me back to the title screen and fucks up my game. I still need help here.

Ok, ports have been forwarded. The game is still doing the same thing. The loading screen gets as far as “Loading Resources”, then kicks me back to the title screen without any error messages or anything. And after that, I can’t even start a SP game until I restart the game. Would somebody please help me with this?

PC specs?
Addon list?