I can't get on Garrysmod!

I haven’t been able to get on garrysmod since the update, it was working fine right before, but when I had the update it keeps on saying “hl2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close”
I’ve tried everything , re-installing, moving files, de-fragging and re-naming
My PC Specs are:
3GB RAM
8600 Geo-Force
372 GB Of Hard Drive(122GB left)
Windows XP

Are you sure the hard drive specs are correct? KB’s are awfully small compared to MB’s; maybe you need disk space.

this happened to me delete your g-mod folder from here

C://Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/user-name here
then simply re-install it, yes i have Winrar, and rather than exporting the files i just go file hunting :stuck_out_tongue: i now know Garry’s mods files like the back of my hand

you did that already, yay for not reading what you posted? lol any way i still might be able to help its probably a virus, i think i have like direct x like maybe I don’t know 5 for something i may not have it at all… I’m not sure I’m dumb ok?

Everything is up to date. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

[editline]06:13PM[/editline]

But I don’t wanna have a empty gmod I have so many addons and it’s gonna take a FUCK load of time to re-new it, and plus I have made a personal skin. Could I just copy all my files then re-install?

Backup any files that you want to keep and then follow http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Cleaning_GMod.

wait… i just thought of something did you go to a server directly after you got the update?

-snip-

This happened to my gmod too. Damn updates!

this and CS:S are no longer launching. no changes have been made, both worked with no problems before

You don’t deserve GMod for not being able to say NVidia GeForce 8600GT correctly.

Nope, I wasn’t even on gmod.

[editline]01:26AM[/editline]

Are you being serious or being a fag?

[editline]01:28AM[/editline]

I just got closer in the boat, I cant run them either.

[editline]01:32AM[/editline]

For any of you having the same problem I just got a idea, re-installing HL2 it said the HL2.EXE isn’t working so re-install that!

-snip-

ratings don’t lie

[editline]08:52PM[/editline]

Stop being an asshole to the people helping you.

Too bad it’s most likely an broken addon. Just reinstall it.

Just updated all my drivers and Direct X , still nothing :(. GARRY WHAT HAVE YOU DONE D:

Nice job being an ***hole to the people trying to help you.

But I was under the impression that you wanted this fixed…

-snip-