I can't kill NPCs

For some reason, i can’t kill any npc or let them hurt me, my computer freezes when ever i do either of these things. If you know how to fix this PLEASE TELL ME!!!

Could we have the specs of your pc? (Mainly Graphics Card, Processor, and Ram)

probably not but it runs pretty well and when i play Garry’s mod, it’s not laggy at all or anything(unless i play on a level with extreme detail or something). I don’t know if i even have specs of my computer anyway.

sigh run dxdiag
Copy the info (look for certain things like what oog said)
Then put it here

And if you don’t know what dxdiag is, if you’re using XP, click Start, click Run, and then type dxdiag.

It’s probably your graphics card. Mine does this too.

what would the graphics card be listed as because I don’t see graphics card on ther and i am using XP an i got dxdiag up and it says

Memory:502mb RAM

Processor:Intel® Pentium® 4CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Ram is way too low, but I have this problem too. Solutions try -dxlevel 70 left click gmod<properties<start up codes or update graphic and/or ram card. Or just get a new nice computer that can do lots O’ cool shit.

how do i even do the first one?

i dont know how to update the ram or graphics card

:Dawkins102: I don’t understand how people buy computers without knowing the specifications.

you think thats bad? i hate people who refer to monitors as the computer! in my history class someone said, oh youve got new computers! (the computers are on the back of the monitors, very small) and my teacher says yeah ther much better! the old towers take up so much room. that person then said “whats that?” facepalm

Keep on topic guys, he needs help.

Update your drivers, here’s how.

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In Device Manager, locate the device you want to update, and then double-click the device name.

Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.

ok I did everything you said and my computer can’t find any upgrades for anything.

Do u have a grafix card?
My had power loss and deleted installation of the card.

And indeed your RAM is to low. Mine is something like 2000mb.
And if u dont find any updates get new cards otherwise ur stuck with the “cant kill npcs” problem.
Or did u install addons? Lots of addons lets gmod crash :confused:
Did u ever could kill npcs? maybe its gore mod? mine laggs too with it.

No i couldn’t ever them but sometimes I just go over my friends house and play his gmod :slight_smile: