i cant launch the game

i downloaded, and redownloaded rust, but nothing happned, i asume i dont got the full binaries

What are your system specs? CPU, video card, RAM please.

I am having the same problem, I cannot launch the game, I just purchased it last night. I get to the main menu, select a server, and while the game is loading it freezes and never gets anywhere. Once I got into the game for less than five seconds before it froze and crashed.

I am using a macbook pro retina display
Specs:
• 16 GB RAM
• NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
• 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache

I would love to actually try this game!

Thanks

make sure the game uses your GT 650M instead of intel IGP if you have the optimus tehnology.
check your hardware and temperatures if they are allright.

edit: ohh wait…OSX?.. there might be some more bugs on OSX and Linux clients…so try to lower the graphical detail

Hey my hardware is fine, temps are normal, and it uses the nvidia card.

Here is a picture of where I crash, same time, it loads and crashes instantly: http://imgur.com/fiYsiJZ

If OSX has more bugs I guess I’m stuck, but I cant’t imagine it being released on OSX if it cannot even start.

Thanks

OS X support is intended, but the Mac version has some specific problems that aren’t in the Windows version, so work is ongoing to improve Mac support. The devs are aware that there are problems with the Mac client and are working to fix it. Along with all of the other problems currently in the game.

i bought the rust game, day after a friend of mine wanted to play, but he got cracked ruist, so i downloaded that. I think its fair use as i already have a real copy. I played there for a few weeks with my buddy and now i cant use it, i have a packard bell “easy note” laptop.

(proof that i won it)

Did the game ever work for you after purchasing?

yes! ofc

So it worked before but not now? Did you recently move to developer beta?

but i dont think i got the full binaris

[editline]11th January 2014[/editline]

whats that? taking a drink

I’ll take that as a no. Did you verify the integrity of the cache?

yes!

[editline]11th January 2014[/editline]

i downloaded 900~ mg

fix is just to restart the pc, im so stupid