I Can't Play

When I try to enter a server and is being charged, suddenly the game is closed.
before the last update I have not had any problems.

Same here. As of yet no response

Does it show any errors? Can you paste the last few lines from your output.txt file in your RustClient_Data folder - after it has crashed?

Getting the same issue here, no errors shown it just closes the game.

Full output_log.txt: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=YujTCa7K

Try adding -force-d3d9 to your launch options - does it work now?

[editline]22nd May 2015[/editline]

Also - try the current developer branch build

-force-d3d9 fixed it.

Tried the development branch and it still needs the flag to work for me.

What version graphics card drivers are you on right now?

Is there an update available?

Currently 350.12, looks like there is an update 352.86.

Edit: updated to latest, no change. Still works in dx9 but not 11.

Hey Garry im having a similar issue with my nvidia gtx 760 oc where the display driver keeps crashing and shutting down the game i am currently running the latest Nvidia driver that is out. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the video driver and the game with no luck. I dont know if it has anything to do with the resent update to the game but i wasnt having this issue before today. any help would be awesome and thank you.

[editline]22nd May 2015[/editline]

I have the 352.86 driver and am having the same problem

I’ll try updating my drivers to your version

We may need to down grade to your driver version lol

Ok updated to

And all fine still. What card do you guys have?

I have a GTX 760 OC i have put in the launch parameter you posted and have been able to play for about 30 mins now hope it holds :slight_smile:

I would also like to say thank you garry for taking the time to help us sort this out!!

garry, this may or may not be new information to you, but this thread’s a server owner reporting what seems to be the same issue (shaders causing problems) but from the server owner’s perspective. The DX9 launch option was able to alleviate some of the problems the players were reporting, which leads me to believe it’s the same problem.

I don’t know if the suggestion the OP posted is relevant given the DX11 hop in the patch, but here’s hoping the thread provides some useful info on the issue.

970 here.

I can already play, thanks for attention, I have the gtx660 by if relevant.