I cant use custom playermodels

Anytime I use anything but Half-Life 2 models (EG: Barney, Combine S, Combine Prison, Combine Elite, MetroCop, Gman… Etc.) I cant use custom models (EG CSS Models, DOD models, and I just recently downloaded Shotgunguys’s E3 player models and I cant use any of them) If I do select a model it automatically reverts to Kliner but says I am selected playermodel. This is REALLY pissing me off… I will make a video eventually I just cant stand having to use fraps

]This is my problem

I have this same problem :emo:

Is this in singleplayer or multiplayer?

Both, but in multiplayer no one can use the models. When people join my server they get pissed off that they cant use their models. But when I join a server its perfectly fine like nothing even happened. I am compiling a video now.

Did you install PMod?

Thats why I was asking. Someone else had this issue the other day i’ll see if I can find the thread for you.

Whats PMod?

Nevermind then.
PMod usually breaks your player list.

What did you download before this started happening?

FUck if I should know, just one day it stopped working, I thought it was the leg mod but it doesnt seem like it anymore.

Leg Mod didn’t break mine, but it was irritating, so I removed it.

So can I get help D:

Could you list all of your addons then.

I had that problem too on my server but never had it on singleplayer this is what i did and it worked
(FOR IF YOU HAVE AN OWN SERVER ONLY)

1.go to your X:\srcds\orangebox\garrysmod\addons\counter-strike\lua\autorun
then you see there a lua called cs_playermodels

2.copy cs_playermodels to X:\srcds\orangebox\garrysmod\lua\autorun

3.Now do the same on day-of-defeat go to X:\srcds\orangebox\garrysmod\addons\day-of-defeat\lua\autorun and then copy dod_playermodels to X:\srcds\orangebox\garrysmod\lua\autorun

now every CSS and DOD playermodels MUST work on your server!

"Jesus Christ man do you need that many addons?"

The answer is yes… Yes I do.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2780/addonsr.jpg

Meh thats nothing i’ve got 102 folders but i’ve intergrated stuff of the same type together and any loose stuff into one file for each :stuck_out_tongue:

(still looking for the other thread btw)

Edit: found it http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=790423

I dont fully understand, can you walk me through what to do?

Ha, you’ve got my older than dirt Hydra.

On serious note, I have no idea what could be causing it.

I think how he fixed it in that thread was to re-write the playermodel defining lua to be more exact in what its reffering to.

player_manager.AddValidModel( "Cactus", "models/player/cactus.mdl" )
list.Set( "PlayerOptionsModel", "Cactus", "models/player/cactus.mdl" )

Which in that was the above with a model called “cactus.mdl”.

But I don’t know how viable this is for your issue if its all your custom models that have the issue :S

Well whats the file I am looking for, thats probably what the problem is.

[editline]11:58PM[/editline]

bump

[editline]11:58PM[/editline]

Damn automerge

lua/autorun/(modelname)_playermodel usually.