I have a DarkRP server dedicated to pirates but the share.lua doesnt like that ~PLEASE HELP~

so im trying to make a costume job for my pirate/wiremod server and im making a job for pirates that are a lot like gangsters and terrorists merged, which they kinda are in real life.

They also have a pirate king (mob boss) that has ties with the military so they can bribe them to let him release a fellow pirate or 2, is also a drug lord who supplies drug dealers in the server and orginizise raids bombings etc. without him drug dealers can only grow and deal weed. So they still can do the roleplay.

I also have a cook and a few others.

I do the whole template for share.lua

TEAM_PIRATE = AddExtraTeam("Pirate", {
	color = Color (80,45,255,125),
	model = "models/player/Group01/Male_08.mdl",
	description = [[The gangster of the sea.
	As a pirate you go and steal others booty.
	You can take hostage for ransom so long as
	you have a pirate king and once you have 
	a hostage you have to advert a ransom amount.
	Do not ask for a license, you are a pirate and
	must find a way to get guns by any means.]],
	weapons = {},
	command = "pirate",
	max = 5
	salary = 0
	admin = 0
	vote = false
	hasLicense = false
}]

and the same for the others. Note i was trying to use hostage not male 08 I was just recently trying to figure out if hostage was an unexcepted model. They look a bit like modern pirates but thats off subject.

Am I supposed to add the TEAM_PIRATE or whatever other job there is and if so where. I also added others without putting anything anywhere like the common swat and admin on duty but they may already have the TEAM_ADMIN somewhere else.

Please help me to figure out what is wrong and if theres any chance to fix it. I really hope Im not stuck with the same old song and dance jobs every other server has. That would really ruin this awesome experience with darkrp. Nevertheless any input is welcome. Thank you!

[editline]16th September 2013[/editline]

Before you ask if you were going to I took off all the other jobs and only used this one and the ones approved “swat, and admin on duty”. I took off the other template costume jobs and changed the male 08 model after replacing hostage module with it. After testing to see if the model 8 worked it still gave me lua error message and kicked me out.

[lua]TEAM_PIRATE = AddExtraTeam(“Pirate”, {
color = Color(80,45,255,125),
model = “models/player/Group01/Male_08.mdl”,
weapons = {},
command = “pirate”,
max = 5,
salary = 0,
admin = 0,
vote = false,
hasLicense = false,
})[/lua]

If there is any other information you need on what I did or may not have done please let me know I will tell you everything I tried.

for future reference of using the forum how do i put my example in that context?

For a second there I thought your server was a cracked server for non-steam Gmod players

No no I have a server that can convert any modded map into a darkrp map. Its realllly useful. BTW if it helps Im using xenon servers. I love it but I wish I didnt have to delete the share.lua then upload the new one

im not geeting any love on this website… no one seems to be able to help me with this. I wonder if this is a common problem and if it has anything to do with the new Steam Pipe for gmod.

I did help you… copy and paste that instead of your job.

oh then please tell me what i did incorrect. Im sorry i cant see the flaw… But thank you. telling me what i did wrong well help my other jobs

This should show you.

oh wow thank u so much! ur a life saver.

its amazing what one small detail at the end can do to change everything. Thank you for your time and help

WELL CRAP i did it but its still saying the same thing

TEAM_PIRATE = AddExtraTeam("Pirate", {
	color = Color (80,45,255,125),
	model = "models/player/hostage/hostage_02.mdl",
	weapons = {},
	command = "pirate",
	max = 5
	salary = 0
	admin = 0
	vote = false
	hasLicense = false
})

DANG IT IM SOOOOO DUMB I NEEDED A COMMA!!!

ok it works now

ok so now a new error appears on my server and the sad thing is its just the next job!!! if someone would be nice enough to take what ive got correct it and give it back Id really appreciate the help. Ill buy u a game or something off steam just please help me out.

[editline]17th September 2013[/editline]

TEAM_PIRATEK = AddExtraTeam("Pirate King", {
		color = Color(80,45,255,125),
		model = "models/player/Group01/Male_08.mdl",
		decripton = [[Your are a Drug Lord Pirate King.
		You have ties in the military and for a bribe
		they will let you by. You command your pirates
		to bomb boats, take a hotage, raid, mug, boat raid, rob bank,
		and sell drugs. However if you are not present all your
		pirates can do is mug.]]
		weapons = {},
		command = "piratek",
		max = 5,
		salary = 150,
		admin = 0,
		vote = false,
		hasLicense = false,
	 }) 

Well what’s the error?

to many lua error

you know what would really help. If someone just posted the Template of the code and ill fill all my jobs in. Ive literally spent 3 days now trying to get this server to work properly and even after this I still need to do the addentities though I think I got those right

sobs and slowly stripes to get help I’m desperate… lol but seriously like those are the only two steps I got. Ill get u a game or pay you somehow just please help me out either by writing the code or giving me the proper template.

the error is im a noob at this lol

Im trying to build this server to help raise money for Child’s play… sigh I wouldnt be asking so hard if it wasnt for the fact that I cant find the problem anywhere… I feel like a complete idiot

All possible fields:
[lua]
TEAM_Example = AddExtraTeam(“Example team”, {
color = Color(255, 255, 255, 255),
model = {
“models/player/Group03/Female_01.mdl”,
“models/player/Group03/Female_02.mdl”
},
description = [[This text will serve as the description of
this team.]],
weapons = {“weapon_p2282”},
command = “example”,
max = 3,
salary = 45,
admin = 0,
vote = false,
hasLicense = false,
NeedToChangeFrom = TEAM_CITIZEN,
help = “You are an example. Walk around and be exemplary.”,
customCheck = function(ply) return ply:getDarkRPVar(“money”) > 10000 end,
CustomCheckFailMsg = “You don’t have enough money!”,
modelScale = 1.2,
maxpocket = 20,
maps = {“rp_downtown_v2”, “gm_construct”},
candemote = false,
mayor = false,
chief = false,
medic = false,
cook = false,
hobo = false,
mayorCanSetSalary = true,

CanPlayerSuicide = function(ply) return false end,
    PlayerCanPickupWeapon = function(ply, weapon) return true end,
    PlayerDeath = function(ply, weapon, killer) end,
    PlayerLoadout = function(ply) return true end,
    PlayerSelectSpawn = function(ply, spawn) end,
    PlayerSetModel = function(ply) return "models/player/Group03/Female_02.mdl" end,
    PlayerSpawn = function(ply) end,
    PlayerSpawnProp = function(ply, model) end,
    RequiresVote = function(ply, job) for k,v in pairs(player.GetAll()) do if IsValid(v) and v:IsAdmin() then return false end end return true end, -- People need to make a vote when there is no admin around
    ShowSpare1 = function(ply) end,
    ShowSpare2 = function(ply) end

})
[/lua]

you sir are a tribute to society and are loved everywhere… does this mean I dont have to strip?

That seems way to big though. All Im trying to do is make it as quick and painless as possible and if u can show me what Im doing wrong

that just seems like to much work and going back and forth correcting. Im using a hosted server and have to constantly go in and out with its files. Please if u can give me a simple version and/or an example I can feel in like

TEAM_<name> = AddExtraTeam ("job", {
		color = Color(75, 75, 75, 255),

etc.

I need help seeing where I might have gone wrong or if I cant use pirates for the name. But I have like 6 other jobs I have to go through.

From the snippets you’ve provided so far, you seem to be missing a lot of commas.
You should read up on tables (http://lua-users.org/wiki/TablesTutorial ; http://www.lua.org/pil/2.5.html)

This should be easily to fill out:
[lua]
TEAM_Example = AddExtraTeam(“Example team”, {
color = Color(255, 255, 255, 255),
model = {
“models/player/Group03/Female_01.mdl”,
“models/player/Group03/Female_02.mdl”
},
description = [[This text will serve as the description of
this team.]],
weapons = {“weapon_p2282”},
command = “example”,
max = 3,
salary = 45,
admin = 0,
vote = false,
hasLicense = false,
help = “You are an example. Walk around and be exemplary.”,
})
[/lua]
As you see there’s a comma for each line.

right is that not waht I did the second time with the pirate king?

ms333 is there anyway I could maybe pay you to help me on the last two things i need, the jobs and the entities? Just name a price or something cause Ive literally non stop have been working on this server. Im tired and I need help. Just two files of code and Ill pay you.

I can help you, but I don’t need payment for such things. Just add me on Steam.

<-

I appreciate it. I’ve literally been working on the server and everything in it with limited support but after three days i got a custom map to become a DarkRP, I got a ULX, (though its being iffy on me), I literally built most of everything from scratch. Also I’m sorry if it sounds like I’m being lazy or anything, I really am not especially working on this for so long.

well i guess three days Isnt “so long” but man it felt like it

As a rule of thumb, but sv_kickerrornum 0 in your server.cfg so you won’t be kicked for lua errors and you can see.