I have a low framerate on a mid,high range computer.

Alright, I’ve tried everything and this is my last resort before I just deal with it.

In a best case scenario my Gmod gets about 150 FPS (empty flatgrass, which is still rather low) but when playing in more of a busy scenario it floats around 20-30, Which is pretty unacceptable for me. I’ve tried everything from uninstalling Lua heavy addons to changing settings in the Nvidia Control panel, none of which do jack

Hell, I even tested a map in various source games to see if my computer was just throwing up on itself. And HL2:EP2 and CS:S were about the same (270-ish on average), but Gmod was still just terrible. (30ish on average)

I’m fairly confident that my computer would be VERY capable of running such a simplistic game.

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 (3GB variant)
RAM: 8GB
CPU: AMD-FX 6100

I’m lost at this point, so I figured I’d ask you kind folks to help me out.

If you’re lagging on building servers, that’s only natural. You can use my Cordon tool to hide the props. If that isn’t the case, get DBugR, and see which functions are taking up the most frametime. You need to look at the “Client-P” tab and sort by value.

Nah, I don’t really play on building servers anymore. It’s either my listen server, DarkRP or Single Player. I will give that DBugR a whirl, though. Might actually get to the root of the problem.

[editline]12th March 2015[/editline]

Holy crap, dude! The DBugR tool helped me find the issue. It was “BFG’s vehicle seats”.
And it didn’t seem like a very lua heavy addon when I did the uninstalling, so that explains why nothing got fixed.

Thankfully, a friend of mine knows the guy who made the addon. I’ll let him know about the issue so it can be fixed.

Thanks for your help, Ott.