I have this great idea! But...

Ok so if you’ve played with garrysmod enough there is a good chance you would of found the post processing feature. In turn you would have found the sobel option. If you played with it you would have seen that it gives gmod a comicbook/borderlands feel to it.

So here is what im after…

I’m sure all of you know of the drug modification for gmod right? makes you go all loopy.

I want it to be so that you spawn a comic book entity and once you walk over and press E, the sobel effect would have taken place.

I already have the comic book model and wish only to be pointed in the right direction here.

Any help is thanked.

Try e-mailing that to the creator of DrugMod. Facepunch created drugs, but not drug mod.

Create an entity, set the ENT:Use(ply, act) function to do ply:ConCommand(“pp_sobel 1”)

The thing is that, no matter how helpful that is, i do not know how to even begin!

Like i said, i have the model/skin but no knowledge on how to go on.

:slight_smile:

Look at a basic entity script =/

I’m fairly sure the bouncy ball script could easily be modified to have the model of what ever you want it to be, then remove the bouncing effects, add an effect on use and voilla.

Seeing as you didn’t understand the help given, I’m going to assume you don’t know how to use LUA.

Neither do I, but I can point you to the wiki (http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Lua) for some help.

I guess i could figure this out… thanks for the help.