I just got Hurtworld and I now i fucking hate EAC

Today i got Hurtworld and the first thing that fucking happens is that i get errors! I just fucking wasted $24.99 and a fucking game i can’t run cause EAC can’t run it. The error reads,“Failed to load the anti-cheat module” and same why my fucking Rust and now it’s just gotten to the point that i now offically hate EAC because there’s something wrong with it so i have wasted $24.99 on Hurtworld and $19.99 and Rust so this is just fucking bullshit unless anyone could kindly Help me fix this Error so that i don’t have to ask for a refund because i want to play these amazing games but i can’t because the EAC Errors are stopping me from doing so.

I basically just want EAC to upgrade their system to have less errors and fix a lot of peoples problems or that Facepunch use a different Program because the amount of people that can’t play due to errors
If an EAC Member is reading this may you help me fix this.
Thank you for reading and have a good day.

Sounds like it could be a firewall issue. EAC needs to connect to their IP to work.
*correction, it can’t be this because then you would get a dns resolve error…

Try reinstalling eac, if no go then try disabling your firewall. If you have Norton, avg or malwarebytes uninstall them and then try, they seem to block eac. Sometimes verifying game files will work.

It sounds like something is corrupting the download of the anti-cheat module. Most likely a local spyware or a malfunctioning proxy software. I’ve only debugged this happening with systems that had multiple virus infections.

OP, download and run [del]RootkitRevealer[/del] Gmer. Let it run for 5 minutes while it scans. Stuff will come up, and it’s fine as long as the text is black. If you see entries in red, that’s bad.

I would provide a more reliable site but RR is a discontinued Sysinternals product, and as Microsoft owns Sysinternals, they got rid of the official download source completely.

Just tested your link, but it won’t start for me, not even in compatibilitymode (Win7X64)

This one does work: http://www.gmer.net
Also, try this online scanner: http://www.bitdefender.com/scanner/online/free.html

Derp, I don’t know why I confused GMER and RR. Yeah, use Gmer, if red shows up that’s not good, black results are fine.

OP is the EAC service even running when you try to start rust?

It doesn’t run for me it just pops up with an error message

[editline]2nd February 2016[/editline]

I ran a scan and it was all good but it didnt fix Rust

If you EAC isn’t working, you may have a windows issue. If you have Disable Execute Bit disabled your bios or Data Execution Prevention turned off in windows, the EAC might not have the root kernal access it needs to prevent cheating. It therefor will not work. VAC has the same policy. If their programs cannot prevent cheating by disabling changes to the root, then VAC will not allow you on VAC secured servers.

Turn on your DEP and make sure Disable Execute Bit is enabled in your bios.

IF you run on linux, you’re fucked until they update. They did the same thing in august to linux players. They wiped the servers for an update and broke the linux client.

OP if you want I could Remote in and try to fix your issue for you.

Yes please that would be nice

[editline]2nd February 2016[/editline]

i Enabled both and yet it still did not work

OP add me on steam vulcan123 and I’ll try to help you

i also recommend disabling UAC, and creating a new user account.

u have 2 week and <2hour gameplay for refund

Oh it can do Win8 now. Forgot about it for a while when it wouldn’t run right in this.

Solved?
Cause?

The way UAC is implemented for an administrator (Admin Approval Mode) is most certainly a security function. The local administrator is given an admin token and a standard user token. The standard user token is used for executing things unless it specifically requests admin privileges. The secure elevation process helps ensure that the user is specifically intending to allow a program, be it 1st or 3rd party, to borrow admin privileges, as these can be abused by drive-by malware installations.

But. sometimes UAC derps and doesn’t allow you access to certain directories which applications depend on, thats why many applications work differently depending if you run as admin, or as a normal user. UAC is good for people who aren’t too sure what they are installing, and does prevent certain malware from installing but that is about it.

To me it is an annoyance, and if you know what you are doing (I work in IT). You don’t really need UAC, and the most common problem that I’ve seen is with Rust Having access to the System32 folder. Which is where EAC resides in. It’s not the only Problem with EAC, but its the most common one that I’ve encountered, troubleshooting friend’s and acquaintance’s issues.

So what you are saying is that he installed the program without granting it the specific permissions it asked for during install?

Sounds like a problem that has a high chance to occur, strange that these symptoms where unrecognized.