I just lost alot of work!

If you save you can not use any tools if you reload it!
seriously, it’s annoying. I by accident unfroze my work and some crates got destroyed when it hitted the ground, so i reloaded the last save and i couldn’t do anything! not even dupe it to make it work!. help me please.

this happends when i click

includes/extensions/util.lua:39: attempt to call method 'GetAimVector'

and if im just wearing the toolgun:

(a nil value)
weapons\gmod_tool\shared.lua:150: attempt to call method 'GetInfo' (a nil value)
weapons\gmod_tool\shared.lua:150: attempt to call method 'GetInfo' (a nil value)

I just got something like this today as well. I reload a save, get out my tool gun, and the consol starts spamming weapons\gmod_tool\shared.lua:150: attempt to call method ‘GetInfo’ (a nil value). That’s why I’m bumping this.

NOOO,For I too have this problem with EVERY save.:frowning:

Edit:

Well not every,but most of them,and it never saves wire,or life-support.
I lost so mutch,before i noticed this.

Use Advanced duplicator.

It’s a very common bug, it seems, I also have it.

I just weld my whole contraption, ‘advance duplicate’ it, and spawn it in a new game.

Currently, I don’t think there’s another fix.

I’ve got that as well! I’ve lost so much :frowning:

Please, someone find a fix, or, if it’s an update bug, please fix it Garry!

That’s what I’ve started doing. I don’t really trust it, because Advanced Duplicator has its own bugs.

I know, but it’s better than nothing…

lua_reloadents

Fixes your saves if it screws over like this.

I just tried this with a save.

It didn’t do anything except make all of my wire ents fall right off my contraption. :argh:

save’s suck.

The annoying part is that my save was actually working a couple hours ago (as in, I was able to reload it).

I figured! lol first of all i don’t use adv dup because it makes a hell lot of files i onyl use them on releases. but simply killing yourself when loaded it fixes it… :stuck_out_tongue: thanks to my friend for asking if i tried that.

I found that killing myself after loading worked. Thanks for putting that up here.

Garry really fucked Gmod in the ass with this last update…

He’s not gay or hobophobic retards. It’s just Gmod is so Fat and huge.

Save games have always been fucked up. Use Advanced Duplicator instead. Get it from the Wiremod SVN. SVN Tutorial: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=688324

Im with Divran.