I know you want access but

Guys i know many of you want to get into game and keep asking for queue or keys but try to understand this isn’t completed project and more likely there will be nothing for you to do at all. We just all have to wait until it’s going to be released on steam in future and buy it. Devs keep working on this game it’s not like they are not doing anything you can all see their progress every month at their devlog page so i just want you to ask be patient. There are other games out there you can play right now and if you are really interested into making anything then keep practicing your C# skills there are lot of ways how to do this.

I know many of you expected to get into s&box by signing up into queue but seriously you can’t really expect to get in before peoples who actually do lot of active projects even now for GMOD. Those few who got in they will prepare some mods for you to play when you will buy game, there is nothing else you can do right now just wait :slight_smile:

5 Likes

When I first opened S&box over 100 days ago, there was nothing to play, and that’s why I was inactive for 100 days, but now I assume there are, so it’s kinda scummy for Garry to just take away access from me, from what I rightfully deserve; He could’ve at least warn me! I would’ve opened the game to avoid getting my access revoked, but no chance, he went straight for the neck!

This is why I present to you, nano’s world

6 Likes

While I don’t believe anyone “rightfully deserves” access, I find it a bit silly that it doesn’t say anywhere that you need to be active. It gave me no warnings before revoking my access and I was working on a pretty big project that I haven’t been able to work on for various reasons. I wish there were at least an option to rejoin the queue because I was so close to completing this project.

1 Like

I wasn’t doing anything at all but I agree with you on that they needed to tell us to be active, that way I could’ve at least faked my activity and kept the game until it had more gamemodes to play, I assume you would’ve done the same.

We out here :fist::pensive:

3 Likes

I just want to use the new Hammer editor with all features without having to pay 50€ for a VR game that I can’t even play. And the free SteamVR tool is missing important features like the new tile mesh system.

Now that’s really ironic coming from you. Welcome to the club of “nobodies”. Seems like you are also “just a nuisance to the game”.

3 Likes

Why’s that, are you laughing at my misfortune?

2 Likes

I was just quoting things you said to others who were still in the queue. And I do find it slightly funny considering what you previously said. No hard feelings though. After all you can wait with us together now for the early access release.

2 Likes

Maybe you missed their main point: send keys to people that will actually work on stuff and not only have the access to simply just play gamemodes. I mean, yeah, you should be playtesting other people’s gamemodes, but it makes sense you are also taking advantage of this closed early access by trying to build new content, improve wiki, make articles, even if things are constantly changing.

I don’t think I deserve a key so much right now as I’d probably just open the game a few times, try play some gamemodes, try to do some programming and mess around with the current dev tools etc. Then I’m pretty sure I’d just forget to open the game again. It is not like having the access right now would be near my top 10 priority in spare time I have… So it would only be acceptable to get my access revoked if I wasn’t contributing much.

And please, I said “maybe”. I have no idea if Facepunch team’s mindset is how I just described, but it makes sense if it is considering current game’s state

2 Likes

I do

Totally different

1 Like

You can download Dota2 there is also SDK for S2 engine and hammer.

1 Like

Yes, but it will be missing several features as it’s the oldest version of them all as far as I know.

3 Likes

This reminds me of Garry’s Mod when they handed out Beta Keys, very familiar like back in the day. Honestly, just I have been tracking S&box since 2017 (Haven’t fact checked but its been years) Just keep watching the development of the core game because even Devs are waiting on features/updates :sunny:

2 Likes

Now THAT’S scummy

2 Likes

You can say that twice, what Garry did was real scummy.

1 Like

Just wait a few years kid

2 Likes

That’s not the point, the point was Garry had no right to revoke what was rightfully mine.

2 Likes

grodbert you still have access what are you talking about lol

2 Likes

He is currently undercover.

1 Like

You have no right to a game that you didn’t pay for. Even if you did pay for it, you would’ve paid for temporary access through Steam’s DRM which means it can be revoked at any time anyway. Pretty sure that’s in the Steam ToS.

1 Like

I did pay for it, some shady guy on discord sold me their key for $50.

Revoking a game you paid for IS against the Steam ToS (developer side).

1 Like