I Need Help With Some LUA.

Ok i have partly knowledge of LUA and ive been coding for about 2 days know. But primarily im coding for flood mod.

There are two thing's i need help on. I'm running 1.0 by Find Me. People have been telling me to upgrade to 1.1, but it's probably the same and i would have to recode the things that i have already done. So i'm sticking to it :D

Anyways, what i am having a problem with is that i can not seem to figure out how to delete the tools. Ive found the directory in the flood gamemode. under gamemodes\entities\gmod_tools\stools. Ive looked and looked at it. I think it's some thing with "TOOL.RENDER = false"...

Also, In the flood gamemode that Find Me has made it allows the player to weld they're own prop to the world. Now that is a a 'MAJOR' problem with flood. Cause people can accedently weld to the world without knowing it and then when you unfreeze your boat it doesn't move...    -.-     That would piss me off if it did it constantly so yeah. 

Please i would appreciate any help! :smiley:

-Pryvisee

So… what is it that you need help with? I didnt get anything from reading that…

I belive there was some hooks for the welding. Let me look that up

[editline]04:31PM[/editline]

Wrote this in reply box not sure if it works. A hacky way that stops welding to world:
[lua]
local oldweld = constraint.Weld
function constraint.Weld(ent1, ent2, bone1, bone2, force, nocollide)
if ent1 == Entity(0) or ent1 == Entity(0) then return end
oldweld(ent1, ent2, bone1, bone2, force, nocollide)
end
[/lua]

Fixed.

Yeah thanks. wrote that very quickly

And sorry but what file would i add that code to?

add this fixed code to: lua/autorun/server/weld.lua
[lua]
local oldweld = constraint.Weld
function constraint.Weld(ent1, ent2, bone1, bone2, force, nocollide)
if ent1 == Entity(0) or ent2 == Entity(0) then return end
oldweld(ent1, ent2, bone1, bone2, force, nocollide)
end
[/lua]

Ok thanks, that helps my first question. But what about my second. How would i remove a stool from flood mod? Like for example: i don’t want them using the dup in the server. That is a very spam stool soo please help me on that. :smiley:

delete the Lua files for the tools u dont want.

oh and pryvisee: >:(

Thanks! :smiley:

OH AND LEMMIWINKS >:(!